AudlemOnline Logo

Massive Green Lane development

1st April 2014 @ 6:06am – by Webteam
Back home  /  News  /  Massive Green Lane development

Developers bid for massive Green Lane development (linking Coxbank to Audlem)

Arguing that it would be unfair not to have a massive housing development on the south side of Audlem now that plans are being considered for developments to the north and east of the village and are rumoured to the west, a consortium of builders have submitted plans to link Audlem and Coxbank with a 775 dwellings proposal between the canal and Green Lane.

Around 30% will be affordable while the remaining 70% will be unaffordable in line with Government guidelines for housing in rural areas. It is expected that most of those houses will remain empty for years, say the consortium, therefore eliminating any adverse impact on local roads or the sewerage system.

A financial assessment details how building this many homes will emulate the building booms that boosted the Irish and Spanish economies so dramatically for a number of years up to 2008.

The assessment covers a five year period from now and ends by stating that neither the developers nor the Government are likely to be around after that so it will then become somebody else's problem.

It is claimed that at its peak the site will provide employment for up to 1,200 workers – and provide a massive boost to the local cafes and sandwich makers. A spokesman admits, however, as 23,722 other houses are being built in south Cheshire over the same period according to current planning applications, finding an unemployed bricklayer might be a challenge.

This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.

Get In Touch

AudlemOnline is powered by our active community.

Please send us your news and views using the button below:

Village Map

© 2005-2023 AudlemOnline
Visitors Today 1,389 / Mar 60,800