Audlem and District History Society 2020 schedule
Meetings take place on the third Thursday of the month from January to May and September to November. Start at 7.30pm in Audlem Scout and Guide Hall.
- January 16th "The Shropshire Union Canal from 1967 to 2019"- Ian Wilson
- February 20th "Chalk and Cheese- local trade and agriculture during the canal era"- Robert Ginder
- March 19th "Thomas Becket- saint and martyr or turbulent priest?"- Roger Wickson
- April 16th "Andrew Fuller Chater- Rector of Nantwich and his role in the 1849 cholera epidemic- Graham Dodd
- May 21st "Locating Manchester's Anti- Suffragists 1909 to 1914"- Kathy Percival
- June TBC Walk around Whitchurch
- July TBC Visit to Norton Priory
- September 17th "Welsh Drovers- a story of the hazards faced in getting their beasts to market"- Wyn Jones
- October 15th "The Danny"- a unique steamship that survived to sail again"- Sheila Leonard
- November 19th AGM followed by "A Celebration of our first 40 years".
- December-TBC Christmas lunch
Membership of the History Society is £12 annually.
All welcome to meetings non- members £3
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.