This recipe is from my kids – proceed with caution!.. Ed.
It's a few days after Christmas and your guests have departed. There is one thing left though – TURKEY! Let's face it, no one ever finishes it at the first sitting. Here's what we've done with it:
- Your Turkey Left Overs
- Roast Ham Trimmings
- Short Crust Pastry
- White Sauce
- A Preferred Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Egg (for glazing)
- Step 1 – Roll out the pastry to a practical thickness (if you are unsure, around the depth of a pound coin), and place in a pie tin/dish, leaving enough excess to make a lid.
- Step 2 – Whilst over a heat, add the cheese and mustard to the white sauce. Season to taste.
- Step 3 – Cut the meat up into desired size (bite size).
- Step 4 – Still over a heat, add the meat to the sauce and stir well.
- Step 5 – Leave the mixture aside, and blind bake the pastry till golden, whilst in the oven, create a lid for the pie using the excess pastry.
- Step 6 – Once the base is out the oven, slowly pour mixture into dish and place lid on top, glaze with egg for added colour. Bake in oven until golden.
- Step 7 – Serve either hot or cold and even with the leftover cranberry sauce!
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.