Short-ARS (Audlem Ramblers Society) walks were introduced four years ago and are normally on the last (occasionally the fourth) Saturday of the month, with a 9.30am meet up on Audlem car park.
Typically, they are around 5 or 6 miles, without steep or extended inclines, and within reasonable driving distance of Audlem, although a couple of the planned programme for 2015 are a little further afield.
The following list is provisional:
- 31st January: Brookfield and Hatherton led by Tony Crowther
- 28th February: Nantwich then Hurleston and Swanley, led by Jean Stainthorpe
- 28th March: Hales & Cheswardine, led by Beryl Wilson
- 25th April: Browns Moss led by Jeanette Shenton
- 30th May: Norton in Hales led by Jean Crowther
- 27th June: Churnett Valley led by Andy Davidson
- 25th July: Bishops Castle led by Jackie Stringer & Chris Proctor
- 22nd August or 29th August: Local walk via Brooks Mill led by Christine Johnson
- 26th September: Hollinsclough, Peak District led by Steve & Chris Elliott
- 31st October: Bunbury led by Will Williams
- 28th November: Sandstone Trail led by Bob Cartwright
- No December walk
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.