2016 has been an eventful year to say the least, so we thought this quiz may test your memories of some of these events. Answers tomorrow Sunday 1st January 2017
1) Which 'must have' technology of the 70s to the 2000s ceased production this year with the final one manufactured by the Japanese company Funai?
2) In July Solar Impulse 2 became the first what to circumnavigate the Earth?
3) Two paintings, Seascape at Scheveningen and Congregation Leaving the Reformed Church in Nuenen, with a combined value of $100 million previously stolen from a museum in Amsterdam were returned. Who was the artist?
4) Andrei Karlov, assassinated in December held what diplomatic post?
5) The worlds largest marine reserve was created off which continent?
6) Liberia was officially cleared of which deadly tropical virus meaning there were no known cases left in West Africa?
7) In June, a survey showed that what has shrunk by more than 3.9 million square kilometres since 2006 and could be repaired by 2050?
8) Rick Astley went from the Rickrolling phenomenon to the top of the album charts with what record?
9) In June 2016 which boxer, considered by many to be the greatest ever, died aged 74?
10) Which free to play game was launched in July and has since been downloaded more than 500 million times making it a global phenomenon?
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.