It's just days away, the Highfields Gala Event which will be held over this coming weekend of 7th and 8th May 2011. It will be a tribute to the late Jack Baker and in aid of Audlem Scouts and Guides.
Admission is just £6 on the gate each day or £5 from Audlem Post Office in advance – for children under 16 years of age it's free admission accompanied by an adult.
All the tickets for the Gala Dinner on the Saturday Night have already been snapped up with 240 guests in attendance in the marquee. This alone will raise significant funds for the cubs, brownies, beavers, scouts and guides.
'Antiques Road Show'A major attraction on the Sunday will be an Antiques Road Show. Bring along those items that could be of interest and find out what they might be worth.
David Brettell of Newport and his team will provide many of the valuations and expert advice. John Pass and his team will also be there to look at jewellery, gold, clocks, watches, medals and coins.
A clarinetist will be entertaining the crowds for the Antiques Road Show and there is plenty of parking.
Highfields is a glorious location just two miles from Audlem. This promises to be a very special event which we hope will be remembered for many a year. And it's all for a good cause.
And just look at all the other entertainment on offer
AttractionsThere's loads to see and do, all in the glorious setting of one of the finest houses in Cheshire:-
- Antique Road Show on the Sunday
- Falconry display on the Saturday
- Dog agility competition and display on the Sunday
- Morris dancing (Sunday)
- Children's Maypole (Saturday at 1.00 and 2.00pm)
- Punch and Judy show (Saturday)
- The Ladies Leopards' Spot Clog Dancers (Sunday)
- about ten Side Shows such as Splat the Rat
- Ferret racing (all weekend)
- Face painting (all weekend)
- A children's display of painting competition (200 entries expected via St James' School and Adderley School)
- RAF Shawbury helicopter (Saturday)
- Cheshire Veteran Car Club (Sunday)
And, of course, Cream Teas – Thistle Catering and Snugbury's Ice Cream with the Focus on Audlem
Trade marquees and gazeebos.
Focus on AudlemMany local organisations and businesses have already booked space for Focus on Audlem, a trade arcade at the Highfields Gala. As an enterprise or business firm, we invite you to take part in this splendid event with many attractions – see below.
We can offer a number of ways to promote yourselves such as:
- Your menu, catalogue, price list or open letter describing yourself on one of the noticeboards in the arcade
- Have a stand of your own making in the arcade
- Have a table or display in the arcade
- Have a gazebo of your own on the trade area
Hopefully, you would participate on both the Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
The cost? A prize for the Giant Tombola, suitably with your name on the item or service offered to give a little publicity,
£5 for a display or table; a little more for a gazebo.
It is your participation that is required!
Do ring us and say if you are interested – Rod Cottrell on 811454 or contact email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.