AudlemOnline Logo

Calling 101 to report incidents

4th January 2013 @ 7:07am – by Webteam
Back home  /  News  /  Calling 101 to report incidents

Last month, Audlem Parish councillors urged residents to call the police on 101 to report an incident or suspicious activity that does not warrant a 999 emergency call.

The meeting heard then about a recent spate of vandalism, attempted thefts and potentially dangerous mud slinging at passing vehicles. Some further incidents have occurred since then, as reported on Audlem Online.

Calling 101 would help ensure as many incidents as possible were reported which would help to get police resources deployed appropriately in the Audlem area.

When to call 101?

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

101 has been introduced as part of the government's wider work to improve access to the police, ease pressure on 999, and help to efficiently and effectively tackle crime and disorder.

This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.

Get In Touch

AudlemOnline is powered by our active community.

Please send us your news and views using the button below:

Village Map

© 2005-2023 AudlemOnline
Visitors Today 20 / Jan 57,738