Oxtail and Trotter message:
What a week we have before us, with the temperatures soaring we will have plenty of BBQ best sellers on the counter including our handmade lamb koftas, steak burgers & delicious sausages.
But when you are considering what to cook, don't forget that joints work really well on the BBQ – a marinated, butterflied leg of lamb is a great way of cooking for a big crowd & beer can chicken is a big favourite in our house – you would not taste more succulent chicken!
Here is the recipe we use for beer can chicken:
1. Take the string off the legs of the chicken;
2. Season with a dry rub of choice – Cajun spices, or maybe just a small amount of oil, salt & pepper
3. Take the top off a can of beer using a tin opener (you may have to force yourself to drink half of it at this stage as you do not need a full can!)
4. Place the chicken on the beer can and stabilise this on a tin base
5. Cook for approx. 45 minutes (4lb chicken)
The chicken steams from the inside and the beer creates a delicious succulence that is hard to beat! Serve with a salad (ideally from Cheshire Organic Box) & some crusty bread, wash down with a lovely bottle of wine from Winegeek!
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.