Summer Vegetable Side Dish
Carrot & Courgette ribbons with pesto
Ingredients to serve 4
- 250g large carrots, scraped and trimmed
- 250 g medium sized courgettes trimmed
- 2 tsp pesto, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the carrots and courgettes into long, fine strands or ribbons by drawing a swivel-bladed peeler down the length of them
- Pour 1 cm boiling water into a saucepan
- Cover the pan and steam carrots over a moderate heat 2/3 minutes
- Add courgettes and cook for 1-2 minutes longer (courgettes cook quickly so don't let them become waterlogged)
- Transfer the vegetable to a bowl, add the pesto, mix well and serve at once.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 oz pine nuts or cashew nuts
- 6 tables finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 oz freshly grated Italian cheese
- 75 m olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Blend all the ingredients into a thick green cream with a food
Ed – the picture is the nearest thing we could find – probably nothing like the real thing – Sorry, Jane!
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.