- It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
- It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British king or queen's image upside-down.
- It is illegal for a woman to be topless in Liverpool except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.
- Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned in Britain.
- The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the King, and the tail of the Queen.
- It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament wearing a suit of armour
- If someone knocks on your door in Scotland and needs the use of your toilet, you are required to let them enter.
- In the UK a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet.
- It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing.
- In Trinity College students can demand a glass of wine at any time during an exam, provided they are wearing their sword.
- It is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city of York, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
- In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
- In England it is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises. pubs, clubs and bars, restaurants
- In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
- It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
- In Scotland it is illegal to be a drunk in possession of a cow
If you have a thought, quote, or a short poem you would like to share do email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.