Before you press the prime button, here are few more reasons to shop local this Christmas.
All these things are available in Audlem village shops
- Amazon don't raffle bears for the St James's Church Fund.
- Amazon sell bikes but they don't repair them.
- You can't enjoy a sherry and a natter with Amazon
- Local artists can't showcase their talent on Amazon.
- Staff at Amazon don't spend their money in other Audlem businesses
- You can't post buy stamps on Amazon
- You can't try on a hat
- You can't order a bespoke Christmas door wreath.
- Amazon do not donate prizes to Audlem Groups and Local Charities.
- Amazon are unable to offer a blow dry or a short back & sides.
- You can't meet your friends for lunch and a mooch.
- Your perfectly served gin & tonic is not available on Amazon.
- Amazon don't come to your home to measure up for blinds.
- Amazon can't get the stain out of your best party dress.
- You can't get a fish & chip supper, open or wrapped.
- Amazon don't have an antique emporium section.
- There are no beautifully lit Christmas trees on Amazon.
- You can't collect your Turkey from Amazon on Christmas Eve.
We all shop online, but please also enjoy AudlemZone this Christmas.
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.