Audlem Parish Council has submitted its formal response to the Parking Strategy for Audlem that has been published for public consultation by Cheshire East.
This response emphasises that the Parish Council, on behalf of its residents, strongly objects to the proposed imposition of charges on the Cheshire Street car park.
You can read the whole of the submission by clicking on the link below the picture.
Highlights from the submission are
- The lack of any consultation with local stakeholders and apparent lack of any local knowledge of the traffic problems in Audlem.
- The potential damage to the viability of the twenty or so local businesses in the village.
- The difficulties caused to local village essential organisations, particularly the Medical Practice and ADCA (supporting vulnerable adults and carers).
- The effects on the many village activities that take place in the Public Hall.
- The charges would mean that Audlem Cemetery is the only cemetery in Cheshire which has no free parking facility.
- The effect that the charges would have on ASET (Audlem Special Events Team) being able to hold the annual very popular Party on the Park event.
The submission points out the several inaccuracies in the description of alternative car parking, which describe car parking areas which are either private property or simply don't exist at all.