The Platinum Jubilee was celebrated in fine style in the Town Hall on Saturday evening, with a party for ADCA members, volunteers, carers and other guests.
The programme included
- Brownie songs performed with gusto by the local Audlem Brownie Group.
- Sketches, jokes and songs from the Junior Section of the Audlem Theatre Club.
- Jessie's special birthday poem sent to the Queen by ADCA's own local Laureate.
- A superb afternoon tea prepared by ADCA's expert caterers.
- Audlem Voices singing a variety of items, including of course a piece by Rutter. This was the Voices' first performance since the pandemic lockdown. They finished with a variety of popular songs to be sung-along-to by the audience.
And the whole thing was broadcast live worldwide by the ThenMedia team (as Roger said, even as far as Hankelow) so that ADCA members unable to get to the Town Hall could enjoy the event.
The event was part-funded by a grant from the Arts Council