For the first time, we are holding a silk painting course at Audlem Mill.
Katherine Edge, of Designer Silk, will be at the Mill on Saturday 7th March, where she will help you learn the basics of silk painting which can be used in stamping, embroidery, sewing, knitting, beading, flower making etc.
Take home three items you have done on the workshop.
The course fee of £65.00 includes all refreshments and a good lunch. Come and enjoy a great day out, and learn a new skill. Phone 01270 811059 to book a place.
Audlem Mill Events
A series of Events at Audlem Mill has now been published in the Events calendar on AudlemOnline.
You may also wish to see the list here:
- Annual Canal Art Exhibition, in association with the Guild of Waterway Artists, at Audlem Mill, 22nd March- 19th April: Come to view the largest collection of canal and waterway paintings and other art works in Britain- at least 140 from more than 15 artists.
Paintings in watercolour, oil, and acrylics; photographs, linocuts etc. Includes work by Audlem watercolourist Sheila M Webster. All items are for sale.
- Textile Art by Alison Rose, 17th May- 6th June: An exhibition of felting, rag rugs and other textile art by Cheshire based Alison Rose.
Occasional demonstrations- phone during the exhibition dates to check which days.
- Gathering of Historic Narrow Boats at Audlem Wharf, 25 – 26th July: More than 40 historic ex-working narrow boats dating from the 1880s to 1960, including Saturn, a Shroppie fly boat that traded from Audlem up to about 1920. This event is now one of the major gatherings nationally.
- Linocuts by Eric Gaskell, 11th July- 2nd August: A superb collection of colour linocut limited edition prints of canal subjects by Eric Gaskell, all for sale.
- Weaving and Spinning at Audlem Mill, 8th August – 6th September: An exhibition by Burleydam based Fiona Nisbet.
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.