Makes about 450g (2 small pots)
1. Wash oranges and finely grate rind then halve and juice
2. Place bowl of juice and rind over a pan of simmering water
3. Add the butter and sugar and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves
4. Whisk eggs a little and sieve into bowl over water
5. Stir constantly until thick enough to cover the back of a wooden spoon
6. Put into clean sterilised jars
7. Keep in fridge for up to 3 months
The curd I made last year disappeared very quickly! It is easy to make and I plan to keep extra juice in the freezer for using in the summer. Seville oranges are only available from mid January for about a month.
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.