Ham and Leek Crumble
from Gill Lowe
A good recipe for using up the leftover cooked meats of all kinds.
White Sauce Crumble Topping
50g of butter
150g plain flour
50g plain or corn flour
75g butter or marg
Salt/pepper to taste
1tsp English mustard or 2tsp French mustard
1 pint milk
4 leeks, washed and sliced
Approx 500g cooked gammon joint
Good knob of butter
1. Make up crumble mix
2. Make up white sauce
3. Melt knob of butter in pan, add leeks and gently cook with lid on, stirring occasionally until just soft.
4. Roughly cut meat into large bite-sized pieces.
5. Combine meat, leeks (inc.butter juice) and white sauce, mixing gently but well.
6. Put into ovenproof dish and top evenly with crumble mix.
7. Cook in preheated oven 180c gas 4 for approx 30 mins or until golden brown.
Serve wth winter veg and mash.
This article is from our news archive. As a result pictures or videos originally associated with it may have been removed and some of the content may no longer be accurate or relevant.