Meetings take place on the third Thursday of the month from January to May and September to November. Start at 7.30pm in Audlem Scout and Guide Hall.
- January 16th "The Shropshire Union Canal from 1967 to 2019"- Ian Wilson
- February 20th "Chalk and Cheese- local trade and agriculture during the canal era"-
- Robert Ginder
- March 19th "Thomas Becket- saint and martyr or turbulent priest?"- Roger Wickson
- April 16th "Andrew Fuller Chater- Rector of Nantwich and his role in the 1849 cholera epidemic-
- Graham Dodd
- May 21st "Locating Manchester's Anti- Suffragists 1909 to 1914"- Kathy Percival
- June TBC Walk around Whitchurch
- July TBC Visit to Norton Priory
- September 17th "Welsh Drovers- a story of the hazards faced in getting their beasts to market"-
- Wyn Jones
- October 15th "The Danny"- a unique steamship that survived to sail again"- Sheila Leonard
- November 19th AGM followed by "A Celebration of our first 40 years".
- December-TBC Christmas lunch
Dorothy Jones (secretary)
Membership of the History Society is £12 annually.
All welcome to meetings, non-members £3.
The History Society also looks after the Audlem History Archive, which can be found here.
For officers and contacts for the History Society, look in the directories/groups/clubs/societies, or search for "history" from the home page.