By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
ON THE DAY BEFORE Hankelow's fantastic Village Fete this year, we have a fund raising event on behalf of'The White Lion Community Pub'. Join us on SATURDAY, 29th JUNE for 'GATHERING ON THE GREEN'a celebration and the launch of a new Classic Car Venue in South Cheshire. 'Gathering on the Green' is a family classic car get together to help to promote and fund raise for...
It's the 20th Anniversary of our fantastic outdoor music festival, suitable for all the family.Get your tickets, grab your picnic and come and enjoy an afternoon and evening of amazing music and fun!Tickets available on line at via www.audlem-aset.org or from Williams' Newsagents, Audlem (CASH ONLY)Early Bird Prices available until Sunday 30th...
June 22nd and 23rdADAS Open Gardens — an opportunity to explore interesting gardens, in our beautiful village.TicketsAdvance tickets from Williams newsagents, Flower Divas and The Village ChippyTickets, map for garden locations and entry wristbands available on the weekend from the car park, 12.30 onwards2-day ticket: £4 (in advance), or £5 (on the day), under 14's...
Monday 24th Jun
Public Hall Annexe Small Hall