By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Recently, Audlem acquired ownership of the 11.5-acre parcel of land adjacent to Green Lane, the Shropshire Union Canal and Shropshire Street. Not only does this ensure that there will be no unwanted development there but this wonderful asset also offers a variety of valuable potential uses for villagers and visitors.An obvious decision was to adopt the traditional name for the land — Turnpike...
Chatting to Jo and Allan at the Lord Combermere the other day, they confirmed that they intend to leave the pub at the end of their current lease in 2022, albeit with great trepidation and heavy hearts! They will have put 13 years of their lives into making the Lord Combermere a focal point of village activity and it would be difficult to think of another couple who have contributed so much to...
ASET are delighted to announce that this year's event takes place on Saturday 3rd November. Not only will there by an amazing firework display by International pyrotechnic champions, Blitz, but new for this year, we are introducing a spectacular laser show. Our compere for the evening will be Signal Radio Presenter, Dave Johnson who will count us down and get us all in a party mood. A...
Friday 19th Oct
Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem car Park
Audlem Town Hall
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall