By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Audlem now boasts its own "Airbnb"Ed — there may be others, but this is the first we have been told about.Resident Sue Smith moved into School Lane several years ago and now offers the Annexe to her house as an "airbnb".Sue has been running this for about two years, and it has been quite successful — she says "People who stay just love Audlem and the friendly...
AudlemOnline has received this message through the Neighbourhood Watch networkWhilst out shopping be aware of where your handbag and purse are. Prevent your purse being taken by keeping your bag close to you and facing your body, keeping them zipped up.Purse BellsFor extra protection, ask your local PCSO for our purse...
Update from Judy at 11am this morning — Stepper glasses have been claimed by a very grateful owner -- big thanks to whoever handed them in!Lost PropertyFound in the village -- two separate "lost" items have been handed into the shop this weekend.GlassesPair of titanium Stepper (reading?) glasses in black case -- look expensive (!)BraceletSliver/chrome bracelet with...
Tuesday 23rd Apr
Monday 22nd Apr
Meet Car Park
Dorrington Hall Farm, Woore
Scout and Guide Hall