By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Recently, Audlem acquired ownership of the 11.5-acre parcel of land adjacent to Green Lane, the Shropshire Union Canal and Shropshire Street. Not only does this ensure that there will be no unwanted development there but this wonderful asset also offers a variety of valuable potential uses for villagers and visitors.An obvious decision was to adopt the traditional name for the land — Turnpike...
New managers now in situ at the Bridge, with a determination to make the pub more welcoming than ever. They are a team of two men — Kie and Matt. Hopefully they will bring a welcoming touch to the place and build up the trade as soon as possible. Look forward to seeing how they do and I will give all the news of village life to them as the days roll by.Delighted to say that both Marstons (who...
Cheshire East have sent out these details of major roadworks taking place this week and over the coming weeks in Nantwich. Considering the traffic problems experienced during recent works & closures we thought this should be brought to your attention.Roadworks update: Nantwich — Autumn 2018 (Oct/Nov)Nantwich highway improvement scheme — The Peacock roundaboutWe will be working to deliver...
Wednesday 17th Oct
Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem car Park
Audlem Town Hall
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall