By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Delivery of homes in Cheshire East reaches new highMore than 3,000 new homes were built in Cheshire East in the last financial year -- which is likely to put the borough among the highest performing areas in the country for house-building investment again.From April 2019 to the end of March this year, 3,065 additional new homes were built in Cheshire East. This is 1,265 above the annual...
I love giving meaningful gifts and whilst the superb selection of shops Audlem offers serve my gift giving needs extremely well, in this instance I was looking for a specific gift so I went to my favourite department store, Liberty London (online).Liberty of London gains its status in my eyes not only because of the individual designs of the items it sells but because of its notable architecture...
Council introduces 'streamlined' process for al fresco diningCheshire East Council is launching a new streamlined application process today, supporting businesses to introduce al fresco facilities. This supports the council's overall approach in supporting our high streets, town centres and the hospitality sector as part of our economic recovery plan arising from the...
Saturday 8th Aug
Friday 7th Aug
Methodist Meeting Rooms