By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Post Office has sadly been robbed this Thursday so please please be vigilant...The Incident has been logged with the police and we ask that if anyone sees a man matching the following description, please report it using the incident reference number: 261290Roughly 5ft 2inches in height, Eastern European (we think)Short trimmed beardWhite parka jacket with fur, gold jewellery, black...
Saturday 8th December Ed: just a reminder from Christina LawsonThere will be a Festive Coffee Morning at Audlem Methodist Church, tomorrow Saturday 8th December from 10am to 12.30pm. Festive fruit punchcoffee, tea and hot chocolatemince pies and cake stalls for cakes, secondhand books and decorations tombola and raffleseveral charity stalls All welcome. Proceeds in...
We are now spending our second Christmas in Devon after having left Audlem in April 2017 after thirty happy years.We wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of our friends and acquaintances in Audlem a very Happy Christmas.Chris EppsAlso, as a number of people have asked, we also wanted to let anyone who remembers our son, Chris, know where he is and what he is doing.Some may recall...
Sunday 9th Dec
St James Church
Audlem Car Park
At midnight in Tthe Square.