By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Audlem Medical Practice- extension progress and updateThe building work at the practice is going well and progress is good. We are at the point now where the builders are breaking through into the Practice building and therefore we are losing a lot of space internally (about 1/3 of the building at the back) As a result of this we will be closing for 1 hour every day from 1.00pm -- 2.00pm for...
A residential burglary has taken place at a property on Audlem Road in Hatherton.The incident took place between 08:20 and 17:50 on Monday February 18th.Entry was gained via a smashed window when an untidy search was made.If you have any information relating to this incident please call Cheshire Police on 101 quoting IML 325940.Message Sent ByNick Jarvis (Police, Community Support...
A number of incidents have been reported in the Buerton area over the past 48 hours. A shed break and suspicious activity around other properties on Woore Road were reported.One incident was reported at 2am on the 13th when it was suspected that somebody was trying a door to a property.We are unsure at this time if the incidents are linked.We advise that if you see any suspicious people or...
Wednesday 20th Feb
Public Hall Annexe
Meet under the Buttermarket.
Audlem Methodist Church