By Audlem Webteam - 6th July 2006 4:26pm
Information from Audlem's local computer company, JMG Computing (The website link that was here no longer works) , has revealed that up-to 8 villagers had computer equipment rendered useless by yesterday's electrical storm, which caused a power surge through local telephone wiring.
It is worth remembering that even a surge protector will not protect you from telephone power surges unless you buy units that include the telephone surge loop. These can be purchased from most electrical shops.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On a beautiful brisk and chilli night Santa arrived on the world famous Audlem Lass in a blaze of glorious lighting. As he made his way into the village a large number of families were gathered around the Christmas tree in the centre of the village.There followed some wonderful singing of festive carols by the "Key stage two " children from St. James Primary school — it was...
Ed: We had this email sent us early afternoonAppeal to public after car is severely damaged'.We had a visitor last night who parked on Woore Road just up from the Longhill Lane/Kettle Lane crossroads. Someone has hit the car causing significant damage to the vehicle and just driven off.It's likely to have caused considerable damage to the driver's vehicle too. Our visitor...
Cheshire East residents are thanked for their patience during bin collection changes Cheshire East residents are thanked for their patience and assistance following recycling and waste collection day changes. New collection routes and schedules took effect from 4 November and saw many residents across the borough have a change in collection days. As a result of these changes some...
Wednesday 4th Dec
Aston Methodist Hall
Audlem methodist Church
St James' Church