By Webteam - 2nd January 2016 6:08am
Some readers will be aware of the AudlemOnline Chairman's personal interest in Australia in that his youngest daughter and two grandchildren currently reside in Sydney.
* What is the capital of Australia?
* List the territories of Australia in order of population (largest to smallest)
* Which of these were born in Australia?
* What and Where are the Apostles in Australia?
* Who played Crocodile Dundee?
* What are Barry Humphries' two personae other than his own?
* Under the shade of what type of tree did the Jolly Swagman camp?
* Name the Neighbours stars in the picture.
* Who is the current Prime Minister of Australia?
* Which city was originally known as New Albion?
* Where was the first government house in Australia?
* How many convicts were sent to Australia between 1788 and 1868? Was it 93,000, 124,000, 146,000, 164,000 or 179,000?
Art & Literature
* Who wrote "A town like Alice" and who or what is Alice?
Science & Nature
* How many Australian Nobel prize winners have there been since 1915?
* Would you prefer to be bitten by a funnel-web spider, a trap door spider or a redback spider?
* What is the Aborigine name for Ayers Rock?
Sports & Leisure
* What's the Austalian equivalent of The Derby (flat racing)?
* Who bowled out Mike Gatting with his first ball in test cricket against England?
* Who are the two Australian F1 champions?
* What did a group of Australian aboriginals do in 1868 to make sporting history?
* Which Englishman bowled Don Bradman for a duck in his last test innings, thus preventing the Don from achieving a career average of 100 in Test cricket?
* Who is Ottily Cossington Lidster?
Answers on Monday
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Nigel Mottershead sent the following message to audlemOnlineWe found what looks like an expensive branded dog harness on the footpath close to our house a couple of weeks ago.We hung it prominently on the stile but no one has claimed it so far.Yesterday we took it to Williams Newsagents and I told Judy that we would post something on AoL about it.Judy and her staff are aware they have...
Thursday 28th May
Wednesday 27th May
Scout & Guide Hall