By Webteam - 2nd January 2016 6:08am
Some readers will be aware of the AudlemOnline Chairman's personal interest in Australia in that his youngest daughter and two grandchildren currently reside in Sydney.
* What is the capital of Australia?
* List the territories of Australia in order of population (largest to smallest)
* Which of these were born in Australia?
* What and Where are the Apostles in Australia?
* Who played Crocodile Dundee?
* What are Barry Humphries' two personae other than his own?
* Under the shade of what type of tree did the Jolly Swagman camp?
* Name the Neighbours stars in the picture.
* Who is the current Prime Minister of Australia?
* Which city was originally known as New Albion?
* Where was the first government house in Australia?
* How many convicts were sent to Australia between 1788 and 1868? Was it 93,000, 124,000, 146,000, 164,000 or 179,000?
Art & Literature
* Who wrote "A town like Alice" and who or what is Alice?
Science & Nature
* How many Australian Nobel prize winners have there been since 1915?
* Would you prefer to be bitten by a funnel-web spider, a trap door spider or a redback spider?
* What is the Aborigine name for Ayers Rock?
Sports & Leisure
* What's the Austalian equivalent of The Derby (flat racing)?
* Who bowled out Mike Gatting with his first ball in test cricket against England?
* Who are the two Australian F1 champions?
* What did a group of Australian aboriginals do in 1868 to make sporting history?
* Which Englishman bowled Don Bradman for a duck in his last test innings, thus preventing the Don from achieving a career average of 100 in Test cricket?
* Who is Ottily Cossington Lidster?
Answers on Monday
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This class has been running for many years, but has not featured on AudlemOnline before nowTuesday mornings 9,30 to 10.15amIn the Audlem Scout & Guide Hall on Cheshire Street.Supple Strength (a blend of Yoga/Pilates style exercise)Suitable for all levels of fitness. This is a mat-based class with a focus on Stretching, Toning and Abdominal Exercise.Contact Claire Sherbourne 07952...
More photos of the Cowpat results day activity including Lulu the cow, the farmer, the field, the relevant cowpat (the small one on the left came first), the judges and their attention to detail in examining the entries and the stop watch timing of the exact moment that Lulu performed.The ADCA Committee wishes to express its huge thanks to Geof Clarke and Phil Lloyd who ran the competition, to...
AudlemOnline has received this requestI'm from Crewe and Nantwich Metal Detecting Society and we wondered whether there might be a local landowner or farmer who would be interested in our club holding a metal detecting dig in aid of Audlem village or a local cause.The club will pay the farmer £300 who will donate it to charity.We have had a charitable dig before for a cancer...
Tuesday 15th Oct
Scout & Guide Hall
Scout & Guide Hall
Scout and Guide Hall