By Reub Palin - 29th February 2012 7:03am
Tomorrow evening, Thursday 1st March, the Lord Combermere in association with Reubadub Promotions are extremely proud to present one of the best performers in the area, Mr George Borowski.
George is a well known figure in the music world and when Dire Straits sang 'Guitar George he knows all the chords', this is the Guitar George they sang of.
George plays and sings with an infectious smile and his delivery is that of a man who loves his work, and an absolute gentleman in the music industry.
- "I have never seen a rock 'n roll performer so completely connected with what he was doing on stage" Frank Black — Pixies
- "George has an uncanny ability to straddle the divide and deliver a message to all camps" Terry Christian — DJ
- "One of the most gifted singer/songwriters and natural performers I have ever seen" Mick Middles — Music Journalist/Writer
- "A unique singer-songwriter with a righteous howl — George is one of the reasons I became a musician" Jimi Goodwin — Doves
- "It's been a privilege for me to have known and worked with George Borowski for the last ten years" Norman Blake — Teenage Fanclub
Local Favourites Darren Poyzer and Roydan Styles have classed George as an inspiration to themselves and people from far and wide are keen to travel to The capital of the Crewe and Nantwich Music Scene to see Georges debut show.
So, if they are keen to do so, then so should the people of Audlem — come out, have a drink and see what is set to be the highlight of the TLC nights.
As always it's free entry and support will start at 9.00pm.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
John Wainwright has sent in this photo in reponse to the recent articles and discussion regarding parking issues in Audlem which illustrates the difficulties that can be caused by bad parking outside the Co-Op.You can see the article https://www.audlem.org/newsroom/headlines/parking-on-yellow-...
Each Spring, Canal & River Trust (CRT) advise of planned forthcoming canal closures for annual maintenance. I saw that they were intending to close the canal near Market Drayton in November and December, and in the Audlem area in January and December, with the canal only open throughout its length at that time for two weeks at Christmas. Recognising that this would deprive local traders of...
Dog Mess endangering Children's Health on Playing FieldHi,I am a coach with Audlem Saints football club and have to say that it is a real pleasure coaching these local kids, they really are coming on by leaps and bounds and are going from strength to strength.However this season more than most we are having real problems with dog owners letting their pets foul on the sports field. We...
Sunday 16th Jun
Saturday 15th Jun
Scout & Guide Hall
4, Hayfields Grove