By Reub Palin - 29th February 2012 7:03am
Tomorrow evening, Thursday 1st March, the Lord Combermere in association with Reubadub Promotions are extremely proud to present one of the best performers in the area, Mr George Borowski.
George is a well known figure in the music world and when Dire Straits sang 'Guitar George he knows all the chords', this is the Guitar George they sang of.
George plays and sings with an infectious smile and his delivery is that of a man who loves his work, and an absolute gentleman in the music industry.
- "I have never seen a rock 'n roll performer so completely connected with what he was doing on stage" Frank Black — Pixies
- "George has an uncanny ability to straddle the divide and deliver a message to all camps" Terry Christian — DJ
- "One of the most gifted singer/songwriters and natural performers I have ever seen" Mick Middles — Music Journalist/Writer
- "A unique singer-songwriter with a righteous howl — George is one of the reasons I became a musician" Jimi Goodwin — Doves
- "It's been a privilege for me to have known and worked with George Borowski for the last ten years" Norman Blake — Teenage Fanclub
Local Favourites Darren Poyzer and Roydan Styles have classed George as an inspiration to themselves and people from far and wide are keen to travel to The capital of the Crewe and Nantwich Music Scene to see Georges debut show.
So, if they are keen to do so, then so should the people of Audlem — come out, have a drink and see what is set to be the highlight of the TLC nights.
As always it's free entry and support will start at 9.00pm.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Nigel Mottershead sent the following message to audlemOnlineWe found what looks like an expensive branded dog harness on the footpath close to our house a couple of weeks ago.We hung it prominently on the stile but no one has claimed it so far.Yesterday we took it to Williams Newsagents and I told Judy that we would post something on AoL about it.Judy and her staff are aware they have...
Thursday 28th May
Wednesday 27th May
Scout & Guide Hall