By Webteam - 17th April 2016 6:07am
What do you know about our near neighbours in Wales? Here's ten questions to test you. Answers tomorrow:
1. What is the name of the annual celebration of the arts in Wales?
2. What is Ynis Mon better known as?
3. What is the name (and location) of the Anglican Cathedral in Cardiff?
4. When did Wales last win a Six Nations Rugby Grand Slam?
5. What proportion of Welsh residents can speak Welsh?
6. Which county has by far the highest proportion of Welsh speakers?
7. What is the Welsh name for Wales?
8. Which Welsh town is home to the Royal Mint, and is dubbed 'The Hole with the Mint'?
9. What is the name of the straits between South East Ireland and South West Wales?
10. In which year was Prince Charles invested as The Prince of Wales?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
A huge thank you to all of our customers who continue to support The Lord Combermere during this challenging period. We hope that you are all keeping safe and we are looking forward to the day that we can welcome you back.We have now been closed for almost 9 long weeks and it is time to update our takeaway menu again. The new menu retains many of the favourites our customers enjoy but also has...
Ed: We have received this statement from Local Councillor Rachel Bailey, who was concerned to make sure that Audlem Residents had the opportunity to express their views to Cheshire East Council on this subject. Please contact Rachel or the Parish Council to make your views known.Dear ResidentI think it is important that I clarify the attached press statement. As lock down is...
Sunday 24th May
Saturday 23rd May
Scout & Guide Hall