By Lynne Smith - 29th March 2020 6:07am
Just thinking about the whole worrying situation going on in the world. We all now know what we should be doing to keep ourselves safe so I think it's time to think what we CAN do and not what we can't do during our isolation.
- Take advantage of the lovely sunny weather, wrap up and have a leisurely breakfast in the garden.
- Read that book that you have had for a while which you never had time for.
- Get creative- have a go at some craft/art project- download some inspiration- you never know you may be a budding artist.
- Go for a walk where nobody is about and take some photos.
- Study the birds in your garden and listen to their songs
- Make a list of relatives and old friends you haven't spoken to for a while and pick up the phone and call them and while you are at it that old aunty, cousin who you have been putting off calling because you feel guilty for not being in touch- you will make their day.
- Do some gardening- prune those plants- plant some seeds- grow some herbs- summer is coming- no excuse for not having a nice garden when it does. Get the kids involved.
- Cook a nice dinner and get the old photos out and reminisce with your family. Put some on line for your friends and family to enjoy too.
- Turn off the TV, stop listening to every news bulletin and listen to music.
- Ladies paint those nails, wear something nice
- ......... and my best tip drink Gin
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Mike Harthern sent us this photo of visitors to his garden in Monk's lane. We understand they are to be named the" Monks Lane Trio&qu...
School Problems I am hearing of very anxious parents who are finding the present virus problems interrupting schooling. Don't be anxious, it will turn out alright in the end.The children will come to learn what they will need to know to embark upon their lives.Let me take you on a tour of my school. It was the Delve's Charity school at Wybunbury and was no different from the many...
Sundays at 32 Windmill DriveUpdate :After a very successful plant sale for Audlem Charity Shop yesterday, we will be holding another one on 7/6/20. We are very grateful to all our customers and would very much appreciate any donations of plants.Many thanksThere will be a plant sale in aid of Audlem Charity Shop on Sundays from 2pm at 32 Windmill Drive, for the foreseeable...
Wednesday 3rd Jun
Tuesday 2nd Jun
Methodist Meeting Rooms