By Deb Lindop - 17th January 2020 6:07am
on behalf of the four local authorities Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Halton and Warrington.
This service offers free impartial advice to privately owned or privately rented domestic properties to offer support on:
- Finding cheaper energy deals (on Direct Debit or Prepayment meter accounts).
- Access any grant funding for loft or cavity wall insulation or replacement boilers and ensure that the people in need are entered onto the energy companies 'Priority Services Register' and have access to 'Warm Homes' discount, if eligible.
- Apply hardship funds for any energy or water debt.
- Provide free energy saving LED light bulbs, radiator reflector foils and draught proofing items.
- Provide advice on private landlords' responsibilities.
- The need or use of smart meters.
- How to prevent damp and or condensation.
- The dangers of Carbon Monoxide.
- The need to test smoke alarms.
- Calculate if a water meter would be more cost effective for the property.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This is taken from West Mercia Police website here.Police are appealing for information after a woman was attacked in a Shropshire village.The incident happened in a park area in Audlem Road in Woore in the early hours...
A concerned AudlemOnline reader writes:-"On Friday, I had to give way to a woman in a dark blue BMW on Cheshire Street who barged her way along, even though I had the right of way. When she drew level with me, she was using her ephone and had it clamped to her ear -- clearly an important call."Then, on Saturday at just gone 12:30, lo and behold, the same woman and BMW parked on...
Retirement of Ann Bowles from Audlem Charity ShopHaving worked in the shop for 22 years, 19 of those as Chair, Ann has decided it's time to retire.She has worked tirelessly to raise thousands of pounds for our local charities, supported by very enthusiastic volunteers.She has helped to raise the profile of the shop, making it now, a respected and very well supported part of the...
Saturday 19th Sep
Friday 18th Sep
Thursday 17th Sep
Hankelow Chapel Community Hall
Public Hall Annexe, Thornton Room
Public Hall Annexe Thornton Room