By Deb Lindop - 17th January 2020 6:07am
on behalf of the four local authorities Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Halton and Warrington.
This service offers free impartial advice to privately owned or privately rented domestic properties to offer support on:
- Finding cheaper energy deals (on Direct Debit or Prepayment meter accounts).
- Access any grant funding for loft or cavity wall insulation or replacement boilers and ensure that the people in need are entered onto the energy companies 'Priority Services Register' and have access to 'Warm Homes' discount, if eligible.
- Apply hardship funds for any energy or water debt.
- Provide free energy saving LED light bulbs, radiator reflector foils and draught proofing items.
- Provide advice on private landlords' responsibilities.
- The need or use of smart meters.
- How to prevent damp and or condensation.
- The dangers of Carbon Monoxide.
- The need to test smoke alarms.
- Calculate if a water meter would be more cost effective for the property.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
DaveMThe first picture at Lock 11 declares the canal closed. The second below Adderley Locks shows why — Two big dams in place so a culvert can be repaired.Jean StainthorpeThe Turnpike field is under a significant amount of water again, but Grey's Bridge should stay put this time after the repair work undertaken by cheshire East.Christopher...
New speed watch schemeThe Parish Council were approached by our Police Community Support Officer to purchase a speed gun for £120 and have agreed to support a new speed watch scheme run by residents in the village. Volunteers will record the number plate and vehicle registration of offenders and give these to the police. We are trialling the scheme for 6 months in a bid to reduce...
We've found a small black dog on Paddock Lane, collar but no tags.It has run off over the field — hopefully it finds it's way...
Saturday 15th Feb
Friday 14th Feb
Scout and Guide Hall