By Webteam - 27th September 2018 6:02am
A reminder that the GInger & Spice festival, a four day festival celebrating all things Ginger & Spice, started yesterday and runs until this Saturday, the 29th, in and around Market Drayton — the home of gingerbread:
The Spice Exchange Street Market — Saturday 29th September
Visit the Spice Exchange Street Market — there's everything from ginger teas, spicy pies, chocolate enrobed ginger, spice-infused jams, ginger scotch eggs, gingerbread, aromatic gin, local real ale, cured gourmet meats as well as a host of ginger-themed delicacies! Enjoy delicious street food and spicy drinks too in the Street Food Bazaar in the Clive and Coffyne Beer Garden!
And best of all — it's completely FREE to attend!
Takes place in & around the Buttercross — Cheshire Street & The Clive and Coffyne Pub Beer Garden, 10am-5pm on Saturday 29th September. Plus live music and other activities.
Watch LIVE Cookery masterclasses and demonstrations for FREE throughout the day
Taking place in the cookery theatre at the back of the Clive and Coffyne Pub watch a host of local, regional and top chefs such as:
- James Sherwin of Wild Shropshire
- Chris Burt & team from the Mytton and Mermaid Hotel and Restaurant and River Town
- The head chef and team from the White Lion Pub & Restaurant
- A Shropshire Lad, Adam Purnell & Kadai Cooking
- Zoe Harrison, Butterbelle plus more
FESTIVAL FRINGE EVENTS — book now!
A series of festival fringe events including:
- A heritage Spice Trail around the town
- A Passage to India Gin Tasting Event
- Foraging Walk with James Sherwin and Bee McGovern
- 'A Little Bit of Spice' Talk and Buffet with Dr Sue Bailey's alter ego, 'Fanny Cradock'
- Clive's Pop-up Supper Club
- An Illustrated Talk on Clive of India
- Live music event with 'A' list musician & Heidi Brown
- Film and Curry Night
- Nutbutter masterclass with Butterbelle
- Gingerbread and Port Tasting event
- The World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Spice Box Theatre Group
- 'The best of competition' with Market Drayton Country Markets
- Gingerbread baking masterclass, & lots more ...
The festival website is here — link here.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This is taken from West Mercia Police website here.Police are appealing for information after a woman was attacked in a Shropshire village.The incident happened in a park area in Audlem Road in Woore in the early hours...
A concerned AudlemOnline reader writes:-"On Friday, I had to give way to a woman in a dark blue BMW on Cheshire Street who barged her way along, even though I had the right of way. When she drew level with me, she was using her ephone and had it clamped to her ear -- clearly an important call."Then, on Saturday at just gone 12:30, lo and behold, the same woman and BMW parked on...
Retirement of Ann Bowles from Audlem Charity ShopHaving worked in the shop for 22 years, 19 of those as Chair, Ann has decided it's time to retire.She has worked tirelessly to raise thousands of pounds for our local charities, supported by very enthusiastic volunteers.She has helped to raise the profile of the shop, making it now, a respected and very well supported part of the...
Saturday 19th Sep
Friday 18th Sep
Hankelow Chapel Community Hall
Public Hall Annexe, Thornton Room
Public Hall Annexe Thornton Room