By Webteam - 19th September 2020 6:08am
Influenza Clinics 2020/21
The flu clinics are now available so please book an appointment if you are eligible for a NHS vaccination — we have clinics on Saturday 26.9.2020, Saturday 3.10.2020 & Saturday 10.10.2020 and there will be more to follow.
Those eligible this year are people who fall into any of these categories
- Aged 65 or over
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic lung disease (requiring steroid inhalers)
- Chronic liver or chronic kidney disease
- Weak immune system
- Poorly functioning or absent spleen
- If you are a Carer
- If you are pregnant
- If you have learning disabilities
Those aged 50 — 64 will be offered the vaccination later in the year when more vaccine becomes available. HOWEVER THE VACCINATIONS FOR THIS LOWER RISK GROUP ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE SO PLEASE DO NOT BOOK IN — WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO START VACCINATING THIS GROUP. We are waiting for additional vaccine from NHS England.
Of course this year we will be running our clinics differently for all our safety, so please make sure you follow the guidance below:
1) You MUST have a booked appointment and attend at the correct time
2) The entrance will be via the rear of the practice, with a socially distanced queue along the practice drive. The front door will be exit only.
3) Please be prepared for the weather as it will take us considerably longer to prepare and give each vaccination.
4) If the queue extends to the car park, please wait in your car or safely distant from others until it goes down.
5) Please only attend with someone else if they are also eligible for a flu vaccination and from the same household
6) Please wear a facemask in the queue and for your vaccination
7) Please wear clothes that make it easy for you to expose your arm up to the shoulder for the vaccination
8) DO NOT ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS A TEMPERATURE, COUGH, LOSS OF TASTE/SMELL OR IF YOUR ARE HAVING TO SELF ISOLATE
We have done our best to prepare for the clinic and ensure it runs smoothly and safely. Please bear with us if there are delays or you are waiting longer than usual — we are doing our very best under difficult circumstances given all the extra precautions that are needed.
Dr Leftwick, Dr Verso and Dr Holden
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Cheshire East Council has moved another step closer to realising its ambition to unlock the delivery of £180 million of investment into the regeneration of Crewe.A programme of interventions is being taken for engagement at a meeting of its environment and regeneration overview and scrutiny committee on Monday 19 October that aims to boost the local area's economy and to enable...
Cheshire East Local Plan (draft SADPD) Consultation This is to ensure that members of our community are aware that the Cheshire East Council process has now agreed to consult on what is a third version of the Draft Sites Allocation Development Plan Document (SADPD); the consultation is due to commence on Monday 26 October.This latest proposal now suggests removal of Local Service Centre...
Rodney Cottrell BEMIn taking a constitutional walk on Wednesday our roving reporter noticed a poignant reminder of the Audlem Lass / RNLI flag fluttering in the breeze, at half mast. near the Audlem Lass jetty at the Overwater Marina — marking Rodney's passing.We expect to be able bring you more details of the funeral arrangements in the near...
Monday 26th Oct
Sunday 25th Oct
Public Hall Annexe, Thornton Room
Public Hall Annexe Thornton Room
Methodist Meeting Rooms