By Debbie Collins - 3rd January 2019 6:06am
Seville Orange Curd
Makes about 450g (2 small pots)
- 2 Seville oranges
- 115g unsalted butter, diced
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large yolks
1. Wash oranges and finely grate rind then halve and juice
2. Place bowl of juice and rind over a pan of simmering water
3. Add the butter and sugar and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves
4. Whisk eggs a little and sieve into bowl over water
5. Stir constantly until thick enough to cover the back of a wooden spoon
6. Put into clean sterilised jars
7. Keep in fridge for up to 3 months
The curd I made last year disappeared very quickly! It is easy to make and I plan to keep extra juice in the freezer for using in the summer. Seville oranges are only available from mid January for about a month.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Nigel Mottershead sent the following message to audlemOnlineWe found what looks like an expensive branded dog harness on the footpath close to our house a couple of weeks ago.We hung it prominently on the stile but no one has claimed it so far.Yesterday we took it to Williams Newsagents and I told Judy that we would post something on AoL about it.Judy and her staff are aware they have...
Thursday 28th May
Wednesday 27th May
Scout & Guide Hall