By Irene Pryce - 13th May 2019 6:08am
EVENTS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF ADAS IN 2019
ADAS was founded 50 years ago in 1969 and to celebrate this the summer floral decorations in the Village will have a 'Golden' theme
Other events include:
- Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June- Open Gardens Weekend- start 1pm each day in the Public Hall car park.
- Over the same weekend there will be a Scarecrow Competition throughout the Village- entry details will be advertised on AOL
- Tuesday 16th July- Fundraising quiz- 8.45pm in the Lord Combermere pub- prizes and a raffle
- July- children at Saint James School have chosen cucumbers for this year's growing competition- results will be judged in September
- Sunday 1st September- ADAS 50th birthday celebrations- 1pm onwards in Lord Combermere car park- entertainment, children's activities and refreshments
- Saturday 12 October- Choral Concert- 7pm in Saint James Church- Audlem Voices and Stapeley Broad Lane School Choir
If you would like to help with clearing out tubs and planting summer bedding this will be taking place over the weekends of 11th/ 12th May and 18th /19th May- meet under the Buttermarket at 9.30am
There will also be several 'tidying up' sessions- these will be advertised on AOL
All volunteers welcome!
You can now keep up to date with all ADAS activities and events by visiting our website: adasaudlem.org
To contact ADAS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
A huge thank you to all of our customers who continue to support The Lord Combermere during this challenging period. We hope that you are all keeping safe and we are looking forward to the day that we can welcome you back.We have now been closed for almost 9 long weeks and it is time to update our takeaway menu again. The new menu retains many of the favourites our customers enjoy but also has...
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Monday 25th May
Sunday 24th May
Scout & Guide Hall