By Irene Pryce - 13th May 2019 6:08am
EVENTS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF ADAS IN 2019
ADAS was founded 50 years ago in 1969 and to celebrate this the summer floral decorations in the Village will have a 'Golden' theme
Other events include:
- Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June- Open Gardens Weekend- start 1pm each day in the Public Hall car park.
- Over the same weekend there will be a Scarecrow Competition throughout the Village- entry details will be advertised on AOL
- Tuesday 16th July- Fundraising quiz- 8.45pm in the Lord Combermere pub- prizes and a raffle
- July- children at Saint James School have chosen cucumbers for this year's growing competition- results will be judged in September
- Sunday 1st September- ADAS 50th birthday celebrations- 1pm onwards in Lord Combermere car park- entertainment, children's activities and refreshments
- Saturday 12 October- Choral Concert- 7pm in Saint James Church- Audlem Voices and Stapeley Broad Lane School Choir
If you would like to help with clearing out tubs and planting summer bedding this will be taking place over the weekends of 11th/ 12th May and 18th /19th May- meet under the Buttermarket at 9.30am
There will also be several 'tidying up' sessions- these will be advertised on AOL
All volunteers welcome!
You can now keep up to date with all ADAS activities and events by visiting our website: adasaudlem.org
To contact ADAS email: email@example.com
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Following on from the award given to me in the Queens birthday honours list last year, I received an invite to the first Royal Garden Party of this season. As my guests I took my two elder granddaughters, Willow and Honesty, who both live in London now as that is where they study and work. My son, Jonathan, father to the girls, dropped us off at the main gates. We walked in presenting our...
Message from Clare Lovatt, One Year on.As many people in Audlem will be aware, it is almost One Year since I tragically lost my Husband, Adam Lovatt.When Adam died everything changed, I lost my Husband, my future and everything we had planned when we moved to Audlem. Consequently, I have had to make some very difficult decisions.'The Deli' and our house should have been our forever...
Gilbert & Sullivan invite you...Tomorrow Saturday 18 May 2019!Audlem Voices, with visiting soloists Jane Johnson, Pamela Clarke, Philip Cartwright and Kevin Whitfield, will assemble in St James' Church at 7.30pm to delight and entertain you with a selection of fun and frolicsome, frantic and fiery, sometimes fatuous but always fantastic pieces from famous works by W S Gilbert and Arthur...
Monday 20th May
Audlem Methodist Church
Audlem Town Hall