By Webteam - 3rd January 2015 6:09am
Audlem and District Probus Club had a very successful 2014 with a new website
( www.audlemprobus.org ) a full programme of excellent speakers, covering a wide range of subjects, and an extensive social programme enjoyed by a large number of members and guests.
Our thanks go to the Speaker and Social secretaries for the hard work in organising these events.
The early programme for members, from our website, in 2015 looks equally inviting as follows :
- January 2nd — Coach Trip to visit the Halle Orchestra in Concert at Hanley. A Strauss evening conducted by Stephen Bell and soloist Rebecca Bottone
- 8th January — Annual Lunch for members and guests at Brookfield Golf Club. Reception 12 for 12.45pm
- 15th January — Probus Walk for members and Guests. Start at 10.00am at Audlem Car Park or 10.20am at the Globe Inn, Nantwich. Approximately 4 miles followed by lunch.
- 22nd January — Origins of the First World War. Local resident Bob Cartwright, and Probus member, reveals the results of his research.
- 12th February — History of Snugbury's by Hannah Saddler
- 19th February — President's Cup Social evening at Adderley village Hall. A fun evening of games, wine tasting, and supper.
- 26th February — Nantwich in Tudor Times by Dr. Graham Dodd
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most of you will know by now, there will be no firework display or bonfire this year on November the 5th.But.We are seeking to have the traditional New Years Eve welcome, with the muffled bells of our magnificent St James church ringing out the old year and then, as the clock strikes out the 12th hour of the night, the wonderful firework display over the Square and the new year, 2020...
Micheline Stockton sent the following message via www.audlem.org :My son is doing a project at school about school life in the past and needs to interview someone for it. We now live in the Old School on Cheshire Street and he would love to interview someone who went to school here. If anyone would be happy to be interviewed by Barney (age 6), could they get in touch through Audlem...
Lyceum Square 21 November to 1st DecemberStunning artwork set to light up Cheshire EastWave-Field, a world-famous interactive art installation in the form of illuminated music generating seesaws, is embarking on a tour of the north of England, from October to December.Cheshire East will host it in Lyceum Square, in Crewe, from 21 November until 1 December. This is a free event that will be...
Monday 21st Oct
Meet at the Bridge Inn
Scout and Guide Hall