By Webteam - 3rd January 2015 6:09am
Audlem and District Probus Club had a very successful 2014 with a new website
( www.audlemprobus.org ) a full programme of excellent speakers, covering a wide range of subjects, and an extensive social programme enjoyed by a large number of members and guests.
Our thanks go to the Speaker and Social secretaries for the hard work in organising these events.
The early programme for members, from our website, in 2015 looks equally inviting as follows :
- January 2nd — Coach Trip to visit the Halle Orchestra in Concert at Hanley. A Strauss evening conducted by Stephen Bell and soloist Rebecca Bottone
- 8th January — Annual Lunch for members and guests at Brookfield Golf Club. Reception 12 for 12.45pm
- 15th January — Probus Walk for members and Guests. Start at 10.00am at Audlem Car Park or 10.20am at the Globe Inn, Nantwich. Approximately 4 miles followed by lunch.
- 22nd January — Origins of the First World War. Local resident Bob Cartwright, and Probus member, reveals the results of his research.
- 12th February — History of Snugbury's by Hannah Saddler
- 19th February — President's Cup Social evening at Adderley village Hall. A fun evening of games, wine tasting, and supper.
- 26th February — Nantwich in Tudor Times by Dr. Graham Dodd
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
A huge thank you to all of our customers who continue to support The Lord Combermere during this challenging period. We hope that you are all keeping safe and we are looking forward to the day that we can welcome you back.We have now been closed for almost 9 long weeks and it is time to update our takeaway menu again. The new menu retains many of the favourites our customers enjoy but also has...
Ed: We have received this statement from Local Councillor Rachel Bailey, who was concerned to make sure that Audlem Residents had the opportunity to express their views to Cheshire East Council on this subject. Please contact Rachel or the Parish Council to make your views known.Dear ResidentI think it is important that I clarify the attached press statement. As lock down is...
Sunday 24th May
Saturday 23rd May
Scout & Guide Hall