By Ralph Warburton - 9th December 2011 7:02am
It's a very big night next week with the Tuesday Night Charity Quiz at the Lord Combermere.
This month, it's the Donna Louise Children's Hospice that is being supported at the Lord Combermere on Tuesday 13th December.
We will have superb auction lots given freely by very kind people to raise as much as we can for this wonderful cause – the only one in the area of South Cheshire/ North Shropshire & Staffordshire that cares for those children who are terminally ill.
The total proceeds of the night will go to the Donna Louise Trust.
We will have a raffle of many good prizes including a large food hamper. £1 a strip
We will also hold an auction of the following wonderful donations:-
- Lot 1: Meal for 2 at the Lord Combermere
- Lot 2: Full car valet – value £100. Donated by Matt Bonnell
- Lot 3: Huge Basket of Fruit Value £30 . Donated by Ian Jones
- Lot 4: TPL of Nantwich Beauty. Value £100. Donated by Tim Lawton
- Lot 5: Chef and waitress to come to your home and cook and serve a meal for 6 people — and clear up! Donated by Des Mullock. £££’s
- Lot 6: Home baked Christmas Cake. Donated by Tony “Fish”
- Lot 7: Turkey dinner (12lbs+) with all trimmings. Donated by John Cooke. Value £50
- Lot 8: 2 paddock tickets for the weekend of the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting at the end of August 2012 PLUS Bottle of Nuits St George 2004 + Bottle of Tempranillo Gran Reserva 2001 wine . Value way in excess of £100!!! Donated by Keith and Karen Fell
We already have a cheque for £60 – kindly donated by Angela & Graham Allinson – growers of the big Christmas tree.
Audlem Online adds: Our thanks to Geoff Smethurst for the splendid new photograph. It's now in the Winter Gallery, along with many others kindly sent in by local photographers.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Nigel Mottershead sent the following message to audlemOnlineWe found what looks like an expensive branded dog harness on the footpath close to our house a couple of weeks ago.We hung it prominently on the stile but no one has claimed it so far.Yesterday we took it to Williams Newsagents and I told Judy that we would post something on AoL about it.Judy and her staff are aware they have...
Sundays at 32 Windmill DriveThere will be a plant sale in aid of Audlem Charity Shop on Sundays from 2pm at 32 Windmill Drive, for the foreseeable future.All proceeds to the shop.We have minimal income currently so any sales are very welcome.Please observe social distancing when you come.Many thanks.Karen...
Saturday 30th May
Friday 29th May
Scout & Guide Hall