By Ralph Warburton - 4th December 2011 7:05am
Tuesday December 13th is a big Quiz Night at the Lord Combermere. We are holding the whole night as a charity quiz for the benefit of the Donna Louise Trust which cares for the terminally Ill children of the area.
To date this year we have raised close on £2,000 for well deserving charities such as St Luke's, Donna Louise and Leukaemia research, all as part of the Lord Combermere Quiz programme. And next year we will carry on doing the same – primarily for local charities if we can.
We will have the following lots for auction on the night of the 13th and if anybody is not able to be there on the night and wishes to make a bid for an auction lot ahead of the day, then please email me – or call me. I will have it as a commission bid and use it on the night when I hold the auction.
The total proceeds of the night will go to the Donna Louise Trust for terminally ill children.
We will have a raffle of many good prizes including a large food hamper. £1 a strip
We will also hold an auction of the following wonderful donations:-
- Lot 1: Meal for 2 at the Lord Combermere
- Lot 2: Full car valet – value £100. Donated by Matt Bonnell
- Lot 3: Huge Basket of Fruit Value £30 . Donated by Ian Jones
- Lot 4: TPL of Nantwich Beauty. Value £100. Donated by Tim Lawton
- Lot 5: Chef and waitress to come to your home and cook and serve a meal for 6 people — and clear up! Donated by Des Mullock. £££’s
- Lot 6: Home baked Christmas Cake. Donated by Tony “Fish”
- Lot 7: Turkey dinner (12lbs+) with all trimmings. Donated by John Cooke. Value £50
- Lot 8: 2 paddock tickets for the weekend of the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting at the end of August 2012 PLUS Bottle of Nuits St George 2004 + Bottle of Tempranillo Gran Reserva 2001 wine . Value way in excess of £100!!! Donated by Keith and Karen Fell
We already have a cheque for £60 – kindly donated by Angela & Graham Allinson – growers of the big Christmas tree.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience with us closing 'The Deli' last week, normal opening hours have resumed today'Thyme Cottage' Holiday LetWe are delighted to introduce to Audlem 'Thyme Cottage' Holiday Let. This is the project we have been working on for the last couple of months, with final touches and building work being made last...
Margaret Wright Thornton passed away peacefully at home in Audlem on Saturday 10th August 2019 aged 87 years. Margaret Wright, beloved wife of Michael and a dearly loved mother and grandmother. Service of celebration at St James the Great Church, Audlem on Thursday 29th August 2019, at 1.00pm. Family flowers only please, donations to St James Church Restoration Fund and Audlem Charity...
"Guess the ties" resultThe Exhibition of Steampunk Costume at Audlem Mill has now ended. Readers may remember the invitation to guess the number of men's neckties sacrificed to make the Blue Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.The guesses ranged from 56 to a whopping 350. At one point there was not a blue tie to be found in any charity shop in the Cheshire/Staffordshire...
Friday 16th Aug
Kynlock, by Lock 1