By Ian Hallatt - 3rd August 2012 7:06am
A reminder that everything is arranged now for tomorrow, Saturday, for the Charity Fancy Dress to help beat breast cancer.
The themes are Cowboys and Indians; Vicars and Tarts: Superheroes and Geeks.
It should be noted that this event isn't really for youngsters as one or two amusing activities are planned that wouldn't be suitable for them. Now that's got you thinking!
Do come along and join in the fun — all for a very good cause. And get those outfits ready now!
Here is a list of auction items and raffle prizes.
- A flight with Geoff Farr
- A ride in a Porsche 911 GT3
- 4 tickets for raceday at Oulton Park (meeting to be announced on the night)
- Round of golf at Brookfields for 4
- 1 fitted out picnic basket (top quality)
- 1 bouquet of flowers
- 1 very large bottle of vodka (please don't open on the night)
- £100 voucher from 'Dressing Rooms' (curtains/cushions)
- 1 ladies cut and finish from TPL (Tim)
- 1 meat hamper from Audlem's new and fantastic butchers, Oxtail & Trotter.
- 5 tickets for Party in the Park 2013
- 1 day with Norman Huntbach at work
- 2 replica Grocontinental toy lorries
- 1 signed Crewe Alex ball
- 1 Liverpool shirt signed by Michael Owen and Steve Gerrard when they were the scorers when they beat Man Utd.
- 1 signed Wayne Rooney autobiography
- 2 very very special teddy bears
The 2 teddies that are on show at the Lord Combermere have been very kindly donated to the event from a very special person.
I have only known Chrissy for about 18 months now. She has breast cancer and she makes no secret of the fact that it is incurable. Yet I have never known her complain in any way, she just makes the best of a bad hand that she has been dealt.
She has donated two high quality teddies for the charity auction. She wants them to go to a very good home where they won't get chewed by the dog or used by the family cat to sharpen its claws.
I will open the bidding on these teddies at £100 in the hope that people will outbid me and carry on just as far as they can.
I appeal to as many people as possible in the village to pop out even if its just for the raffle and auction — let's raise a few quid, eh!
At the moment we have 13 prizes/vouchers from local shops businesses and residents.
Sylvia and Ron Davies have very generously given a large bottle of five pence pieces to the charity. The plan is to have a sweep as to the amount in the bottle, it will be a Pound a guess and the nearest guess after two weeks will win a very good prize.
Really pleased to anounce that we have a professional Manchester nightclub singer by the name of Steve Rohan — he has agreed to come down free of charge for our charity event — Thank you so much Steve.
Odds and Evens
A quick game that will cost five quid to enter. The winner taking a percentage of the takings maybe ten percent maybe more.
Fancy dress judging
I think maybe 3 prizes on the night — best male*, best female, and one Supreme Champion.
*difficult this one as I reckon there will be loads of males that you won't be able to tell what they really are!
A very important note to the people of Audlem that don't really use the pubs, please pop down even if its just to buy a raffle ticket and maybe play a quick game of Odds and Evens. You are very welcome.
So the event will start at 7ish in the Shroppie and the Bridge, then down to the Comber for the raffle at 9.00pm sharp.
Monday 21st Oct
Meet at the Bridge Inn
Scout and Guide Hall