By Audlem Carnival Committee - 3rd June 2012 7:07am
Tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for tomorrow for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On a beautiful brisk and chilli night Santa arrived on the world famous Audlem Lass in a blaze of glorious lighting. As he made his way into the village a large number of families were gathered around the Christmas tree in the centre of the village.There followed some wonderful singing of festive carols by the "Key stage two " children from St. James Primary school — it was...
Ed: We had this email sent us early afternoonAppeal to public after car is severely damaged'.We had a visitor last night who parked on Woore Road just up from the Longhill Lane/Kettle Lane crossroads. Someone has hit the car causing significant damage to the vehicle and just driven off.It's likely to have caused considerable damage to the driver's vehicle too. Our visitor...
Tuesday 3rd Dec
Scout and Guide Hall
Aston Methodist Hall
Audlem methodist Church
St James' Church