By Audlem Carnival Committee - 3rd June 2012 7:07am
Tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for tomorrow for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Ed: We received this from local resident Geoff Farr. AudlemOnline invited John Lewis Customer Services to respond on 27/07/20 but have not received a responseYou have been warned26th July 2020Some of you may know that I have been very recently widowed.It therefore follows that my only evening companion is my television.My children and grandchildren have urged me to modernise and...
Delivery of homes in Cheshire East reaches new highMore than 3,000 new homes were built in Cheshire East in the last financial year -- which is likely to put the borough among the highest performing areas in the country for house-building investment again.From April 2019 to the end of March this year, 3,065 additional new homes were built in Cheshire East. This is 1,265 above the annual...
It's crunch time as the application to reinstate the paths to Adderley goes to the Planning Inspectorate.Two historic paths to Adderley from Bagley Lane were closed at the Shropshire border in the 1950's by the machinations of the owner of most of Adderley parish, Lord Corbet. "There are no public paths in Adderley." he was heard to say at the time. Finally, the official...
Wednesday 5th Aug
Methodist Meeting Rooms