By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Charles Evans sent in this request for information:My brother in law has a "grandfather clock" signed "In~o Poole, Audlem".I cannot find any clockmaker by the name of Inigo Poole but Audlem is interesting, especially the link to Harrison (see our November 2018 article).Can you shed any light on this...
AudlemOnline has received this message through the Neighbourhood Watch networkWhilst out shopping be aware of where your handbag and purse are. Prevent your purse being taken by keeping your bag close to you and facing your body, keeping them zipped up.Purse BellsFor extra protection, ask your local PCSO for our purse...
PARKERPATRICIA SUSAN(NEE EATON)Passed away on 9th April 2019 at home in Willaston, aged 55 years.Patricia Susan, beloved Mum of Josh, Rebecca and Jonathan, dearly loved daughter of Brenda and Walter, much loved sister of Janet and Aunt to Emily.Funeral Service at St James Church Audlem on Tuesday 30th April 2019 at 2.15pm.Family flowers only please, donations to MIND.Any enquiries...
Sunday 21st Apr
Saturday 20th Apr
Dorrington Hall Farm, Woore
Scout and Guide Hall