By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
ON THE DAY BEFORE Hankelow's fantastic Village Fete this year, we have a fund raising event on behalf of'The White Lion Community Pub'. Join us on SATURDAY, 29th JUNE for 'GATHERING ON THE GREEN'a celebration and the launch of a new Classic Car Venue in South Cheshire. 'Gathering on the Green' is a family classic car get together to help to promote and fund raise for...
It's the 20th Anniversary of our fantastic outdoor music festival, suitable for all the family.Get your tickets, grab your picnic and come and enjoy an afternoon and evening of amazing music and fun!Tickets available on line at via www.audlem-aset.org or from Williams' Newsagents, Audlem (CASH ONLY)Early Bird Prices available until Sunday 30th...
June 22nd and 23rdADAS Open Gardens — an opportunity to explore interesting gardens, in our beautiful village.TicketsAdvance tickets from Williams newsagents, Flower Divas and The Village ChippyTickets, map for garden locations and entry wristbands available on the weekend from the car park, 12.30 onwards2-day ticket: £4 (in advance), or £5 (on the day), under 14's...
Monday 24th Jun
Public Hall Annexe Small Hall