By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Fudge the Barn Owl has gone missing whilst out flying on Thursday evening around Hankelow.This was reported on AudlemOnline previously back in 2017 when Fudge decided to go on her last expedition. it was only due to this that people heard about Fudge and she was eventually found in Buerton, on Christmas day.I would really appreciate your help.Here is a little description of her — Fudge is...
A huge thank you to all of our customers who continue to support The Lord Combermere during this challenging period. We hope that you are all keeping safe and we are looking forward to the day that we can welcome you back.We have now been closed for almost 9 long weeks and it is time to update our takeaway menu again. The new menu retains many of the favourites our customers enjoy but also has...
Ed: We have received this statement from Local Councillor Rachel Bailey, who was concerned to make sure that Audlem Residents had the opportunity to express their views to Cheshire East Council on this subject. Please contact Rachel or the Parish Council to make your views known.Dear ResidentI think it is important that I clarify the attached press statement. As lock down is...
Sunday 24th May
Saturday 23rd May
Scout & Guide Hall