By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Audlem Medical Practice- extension progress and updateThe building work at the practice is going well and progress is good. We are at the point now where the builders are breaking through into the Practice building and therefore we are losing a lot of space internally (about 1/3 of the building at the back) As a result of this we will be closing for 1 hour every day from 1.00pm -- 2.00pm for...
This message was sent in by David Parry:"There was a wheelie bin half emptied on grass near stream at bottom of Vicarage Lane on Tuesday 12th Feb . I put contents back in bin but couldn't see an obvious home for the bin. I wheeled it to top of Vicarage Lane and parked it there opposite Beamans cafe. So if you're missing a black...
A number of incidents have been reported in the Buerton area over the past 48 hours. A shed break and suspicious activity around other properties on Woore Road were reported.One incident was reported at 2am on the 13th when it was suspected that somebody was trying a door to a property.We are unsure at this time if the incidents are linked.We advise that if you see any suspicious people or...
Monday 18th Feb
Scout & Guide Hall
Public Hall Annexe
Meet under the Buttermarket.