By Ralph Warburton - 13th December 2011 7:01am
A reminder that it's a very big night this evening with the Tuesday Night Charity Quiz at the Lord Combermere. It might be worth getting there earlier than normal as a large turnout is expected.
This month, it's the Donna Louise Children's Hospice that is being supported at the Lord Combermere.
We will have superb auction lots given freely by very kind people to raise as much as we can for this wonderful cause – the only one in the area of South Cheshire/ North Shropshire & Staffordshire that cares for those children who are terminally ill.
The total proceeds of the night will go to the Donna Louise Trust.
We will have a raffle of many good prizes including a large food hamper. £1 a strip
We will also hold an auction of the following wonderful donations:-
- Lot 1: Meal for 2 at the Lord Combermere
- Lot 2: Full car valet – value £100. Donated by Matt Bonnell
- Lot 3: Huge Basket of Fruit Value £30 . Donated by Ian Jones
- Lot 4: TPL of Nantwich Beauty. Value £100. Donated by Tim Lawton
- Lot 5: Chef and waitress to come to your home and cook and serve a meal for 6 people — and clear up! Donated by Des Mullock. £££’s
- Lot 6: Home baked Christmas Cake. Donated by Tony “Fish”
- Lot 7: Turkey dinner (12lbs+) with all trimmings. Donated by John Cooke. Value £50
- Lot 8: 2 paddock tickets for the weekend of the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting at the end of August 2012 PLUS Bottle of Nuits St George 2004 + Bottle of Tempranillo Gran Reserva 2001 wine . Value way in excess of £100!!! Donated by Keith and Karen Fell
We already have a cheque for £60 – kindly donated by Angela & Graham Allinson – growers of the big Christmas tree.
Audlem Online adds: Our thanks to Geoff Smethurst for the splendid new photograph. It's now in the Winter Gallery, along with many others kindly sent in by local photographers.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Mike Harthern sent us this photo of visitors to his garden in Monk's lane. We understand they are to be named the" Monks Lane Trio&qu...
School Problems I am hearing of very anxious parents who are finding the present virus problems interrupting schooling. Don't be anxious, it will turn out alright in the end.The children will come to learn what they will need to know to embark upon their lives.Let me take you on a tour of my school. It was the Delve's Charity school at Wybunbury and was no different from the many...
Sundays at 32 Windmill DriveUpdate :After a very successful plant sale for Audlem Charity Shop yesterday, we will be holding another one on 7/6/20. We are very grateful to all our customers and would very much appreciate any donations of plants.Many thanksThere will be a plant sale in aid of Audlem Charity Shop on Sundays from 2pm at 32 Windmill Drive, for the foreseeable...
Tuesday 2nd Jun
Monday 1st Jun
Scout & Guide Hall