By Ralph Warburton - 13th December 2011 7:01am
A reminder that it's a very big night this evening with the Tuesday Night Charity Quiz at the Lord Combermere. It might be worth getting there earlier than normal as a large turnout is expected.
This month, it's the Donna Louise Children's Hospice that is being supported at the Lord Combermere.
We will have superb auction lots given freely by very kind people to raise as much as we can for this wonderful cause – the only one in the area of South Cheshire/ North Shropshire & Staffordshire that cares for those children who are terminally ill.
The total proceeds of the night will go to the Donna Louise Trust.
We will have a raffle of many good prizes including a large food hamper. £1 a strip
We will also hold an auction of the following wonderful donations:-
- Lot 1: Meal for 2 at the Lord Combermere
- Lot 2: Full car valet – value £100. Donated by Matt Bonnell
- Lot 3: Huge Basket of Fruit Value £30 . Donated by Ian Jones
- Lot 4: TPL of Nantwich Beauty. Value £100. Donated by Tim Lawton
- Lot 5: Chef and waitress to come to your home and cook and serve a meal for 6 people — and clear up! Donated by Des Mullock. £££’s
- Lot 6: Home baked Christmas Cake. Donated by Tony “Fish”
- Lot 7: Turkey dinner (12lbs+) with all trimmings. Donated by John Cooke. Value £50
- Lot 8: 2 paddock tickets for the weekend of the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting at the end of August 2012 PLUS Bottle of Nuits St George 2004 + Bottle of Tempranillo Gran Reserva 2001 wine . Value way in excess of £100!!! Donated by Keith and Karen Fell
We already have a cheque for £60 – kindly donated by Angela & Graham Allinson – growers of the big Christmas tree.
Audlem Online adds: Our thanks to Geoff Smethurst for the splendid new photograph. It's now in the Winter Gallery, along with many others kindly sent in by local photographers.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
John Wright (Jack) 7th June 2019Suddenly passed away at home aged 65 years. Jack, of Audlem, the loving husband of Sue and much loved dad of Joanna and Nic.Funeral Service at Audlem Methodist Church on Wednesday 26th June 2019 at 2.30pm, followed by a private family burial service at Audlem Cemetery.Family Flowers only please and donations if desired to Cancer Research UK.Any enquiries...
Dog Mess endangering Children's Health on Playing FieldHi,I am a coach with Audlem Saints football club and have to say that it is a real pleasure coaching these local kids, they really are coming on by leaps and bounds and are going from strength to strength.However this season more than most we are having real problems with dog owners letting their pets foul on the sports field. We...
Turnpike Field- tree surgeryFollowing on from the recent survey, a contractor has been appointed to carry out the work recommended. Old Vicarage Tree Surgery, are initially planning to be on site Tuesday 18th, Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th June to work on trimming back the trees as identified in last years report.Signs will be placed at the field entrances so as to warn people and during...
Monday 17th Jun
4, Hayfields Grove