By Audlem Webteam - 6th June 2012 7:11am
Audlem has enjoyed a fantastic six nights and four days of The Audlem Music & Arts Festival plus a revitalised Carnival.
Looking back, it amazes all who live here, or come to Audlem to enjoy these events, how a small village can make events on this scale happen — and pull it off in style:
- Over eighty events for the Festival with an exciting programme including something to suit all tastes
- A packed playing field for the Carnival and the return of the Parade
- And it's all free — there's nothing to rival it for many a mile
- Sound engineers and technicians on every stage throughout the Festival
- Loads of local musical talent as well as bands, often from afar, that keep coming back and having a ball
- The Festival and Carnival committees who planned and worked tirelessly for months to make it all happen
- The volunteers who help make it go so well
- The pub barstaff that kept smiling when they must have been shattered
- The businesses and organisations that fund such a fabulous event through advertising, sponsorship and donations
- And, of course, the audiences who make it all worthwhile.
We are sure everyone who enjoyed themselves over the past days will join Audlem Online in saying a great big "Thank You" to all concerned.
There were so many highlights:
- bands and singers that surprised us all and had everyone smiling
- bands that somehow managed to perform superbly in Sunday's cold and rain
- exhibitions that showed off so much local talent
- and new ideas like the Poetry Slam and the Speakeasy that added even more to a great event.
So, please, to everyone involved, take a bow and enjoy the applause — you thoroughly deserve it. You did Audlem proud!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Jury fails to reach verdict in Adam Lovatt manslaughter trialAdam Lovatt deathA jury has failed to reach a verdict in a trial of two men charged with the manslaughter over the death of devoted Audlem dad Adam Lovatt.Samuel Thorpe, 24, of Annions Lane, Wybunbury, and Nicholas Hill, 36, of Moorsfield Avenue, Audlem had been on trial at Liverpool Crown Court.But following the 11-day...
Rest of the World Cut OffThere have been numerous reports in chatbox and elsewhere about failures in the telephone system (both landline and mobile) throughout the village and surrounding area.Broadband seems to be unaffected.The best description of the problem might be this one from chatboxWe seem to have a Russian Roulette phone service although Internet seems okay. Sometimes we get a...
Rescue St James ChurchI am launching an appeal to help with the fabric of this marvellous and so iconic a building here, dominating the village. The subject of what must be thousands of photographs, postcards and paintings. And such a beautiful edifice. Major repairs are needed and with the full permission of our Vicar, Helen Chantry and the Audlem PCC, this new call for help is to be...
Friday 24th Jan
Thursday 23rd Jan
AMC Seville Room
Methodist Meeting Rooms
Scout & Guide Hall