By Audlem Webteam - 6th June 2012 7:11am
Audlem has enjoyed a fantastic six nights and four days of The Audlem Music & Arts Festival plus a revitalised Carnival.
Looking back, it amazes all who live here, or come to Audlem to enjoy these events, how a small village can make events on this scale happen — and pull it off in style:
- Over eighty events for the Festival with an exciting programme including something to suit all tastes
- A packed playing field for the Carnival and the return of the Parade
- And it's all free — there's nothing to rival it for many a mile
- Sound engineers and technicians on every stage throughout the Festival
- Loads of local musical talent as well as bands, often from afar, that keep coming back and having a ball
- The Festival and Carnival committees who planned and worked tirelessly for months to make it all happen
- The volunteers who help make it go so well
- The pub barstaff that kept smiling when they must have been shattered
- The businesses and organisations that fund such a fabulous event through advertising, sponsorship and donations
- And, of course, the audiences who make it all worthwhile.
We are sure everyone who enjoyed themselves over the past days will join Audlem Online in saying a great big "Thank You" to all concerned.
There were so many highlights:
- bands and singers that surprised us all and had everyone smiling
- bands that somehow managed to perform superbly in Sunday's cold and rain
- exhibitions that showed off so much local talent
- and new ideas like the Poetry Slam and the Speakeasy that added even more to a great event.
So, please, to everyone involved, take a bow and enjoy the applause — you thoroughly deserve it. You did Audlem proud!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Friday November 22ndPassed away peacefully in Leighton Hospital on 4th November 2019 aged 81 years. Joe, beloved husband of Dorothy, dearly loved dad of Simon, Debbie and the late Martin, and much loved grandad to Daniel, Luke, Jake, Sophie, Emily and Hattie, of Nantwich formerly of Audlem. Funeral service at Audlem Methodist Church Friday 22nd November 2019 at 1.00pm. Traditional mourning...
Ed: A reminder for tonight — just a few tickets leftAs the dark nights arrive and Christmas is catching us up, we are back with our Winter Fashion Show.Showing all our new fashion pieces including our gorgeous Faux Fur Jackets and Gilets, Ponchos, and Bamboo Wardrobe classics' we will also show some of our new bags, footwear and jewellery ' all things to treat yourself or someone...
7th December — Greek nightWe have a date for our next Greek Night, it's on Saturday, 7th December. If people would like to book or any questions about the event then feel free to pop in and speak to George, if booking then payment upfront is needed. Please see menu (picture) which has been done by the fabulous Joe of Audlem printers...he always does a great job.Part time job vacancy...
Monday 11th Nov
Audlem Public Hall
Audlem Town Hall
Scout & Guide Hall