By Webteam - 1st April 2013 7:01am
With Music, Arts, Transport, Narrow Boats and Beer all now catered for, a new Festival will hit the streets of Audlem this Year — the Audlem Festival of Philosophy.
Following in the footsteps of Modena in Italy, which hosts a successful philosophy gathering each year attended by thousands, Audlem aims to host Britain's first such festival.
A fascinating range of questions will be discussed at the inaugural Audlem Festival including:
- If "I think, therefore I am" why am I not thinking that often?
- Why is understanding so difficult to understand?
- The philosophical conundrum of the Daleks in the third series of Dr Who (ticket admission only as this is expected to be a sell-out event)
- Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check with their fingers when you say the paint is wet?
- Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
- Why are wrestling and boxing rings called rings when they're square yet pizza always comes in a square box?
- If the Greeks are so bright, how come they are in such a mess?
If you have a philosophical question you would like to pose at the Festival of Philosophy, contact email@example.com and we will make sure the organisers have it on their list.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Mike Harthern sent us this photo of visitors to his garden in Monk's lane. We understand they are to be named the" Monks Lane Trio&qu...
From Emma OmerjiHi, I'm researching my family tree and believe that my great great grandmother is mentioned in an article dated 25th Aug 2014 by Peter Brown on the deaths on the Triple tragedy at Audlem.You can see this article here.Her name was Annie Boswell. I've been trying to find where I can get a...
Nigel Mottershead sent the following message to audlemOnlineWe found what looks like an expensive branded dog harness on the footpath close to our house a couple of weeks ago.We hung it prominently on the stile but no one has claimed it so far.Yesterday we took it to Williams Newsagents and I told Judy that we would post something on AoL about it.Judy and her staff are aware they have...
Saturday 30th May
Friday 29th May
Scout & Guide Hall