By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
7th December — Greek nightWe have a date for our next Greek Night, it's on Saturday, 7th December. If people would like to book or any questions about the event then feel free to pop in and speak to George, if booking then payment upfront is needed. Please see menu (picture) which has been done by the fabulous Joe of Audlem printers...he always does a great job.Part time job vacancy...
Hello. Audlem is yet again featured on national TV!Tuesday 19th November at 3.00pmChannel 4 HD (and probably at 4pm on Channel 4+1)Season 4, Episode 2 of Find It Fix It Flog ItSimon O'Brien and Max McMurdo head for Crewe to meet rock and roller Billy, who lives in a house that is frozen in time in the...
The New Years Eve event We aim to mark the passing of the year 2019 in traditional manner as we have so done since we welcomed in the new millennium in 2000. Apart for the one year when it did not happen!.This year we are again well on track to enjoy the camaraderie of being in the Square at Midnight on the 31st .I am close to receiving the needed funds and I urge all who wish to give their...
Sunday 17th Nov
Audlem Town Hall
Scout & Guide Hall
Hankelow Chapel Community Hall