By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
John Wright (Jack) 7th June 2019Suddenly passed away at home aged 65 years. Jack, of Audlem, the loving husband of Sue and much loved dad of Joanna and Nic.Funeral Service at Audlem Methodist Church on Wednesday 26th June 2019 at 2.30pm, followed by a private family burial service at Audlem Cemetery.Family Flowers only please and donations if desired to Cancer Research UK.Any enquiries...
Dog Mess endangering Children's Health on Playing FieldHi,I am a coach with Audlem Saints football club and have to say that it is a real pleasure coaching these local kids, they really are coming on by leaps and bounds and are going from strength to strength.However this season more than most we are having real problems with dog owners letting their pets foul on the sports field. We...
Turnpike Field- tree surgeryFollowing on from the recent survey, a contractor has been appointed to carry out the work recommended. Old Vicarage Tree Surgery, are initially planning to be on site Tuesday 18th, Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th June to work on trimming back the trees as identified in last years report.Signs will be placed at the field entrances so as to warn people and during...
Monday 17th Jun
4, Hayfields Grove