By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience with us closing 'The Deli' last week, normal opening hours have resumed today'Thyme Cottage' Holiday LetWe are delighted to introduce to Audlem 'Thyme Cottage' Holiday Let. This is the project we have been working on for the last couple of months, with final touches and building work being made last...
Margaret Wright Thornton passed away peacefully at home in Audlem on Saturday 10th August 2019 aged 87 years. Margaret Wright, beloved wife of Michael and a dearly loved mother and grandmother. Service of celebration at St James the Great Church, Audlem on Thursday 29th August 2019, at 1.00pm. Family flowers only please, donations to St James Church Restoration Fund and Audlem Charity...
"Guess the ties" resultThe Exhibition of Steampunk Costume at Audlem Mill has now ended. Readers may remember the invitation to guess the number of men's neckties sacrificed to make the Blue Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.The guesses ranged from 56 to a whopping 350. At one point there was not a blue tie to be found in any charity shop in the Cheshire/Staffordshire...
Friday 16th Aug
Kynlock, by Lock 1