By Webteam - 4th January 2015 6:07am
The Saturday Long-ARS walks programme has now been published.
While the dates are pretty well certain, the programme is, as always, subject to change or confirmation. Start times may vary but will be published each month and also circulated to ARS members.
- January 10th: Sandstone Trail: A linear walk of approx 10 miles from Beeston to Bickerton led by Bob Cartwright
- February 14th: A variation on the Lyme Park Circular, starting at Nelson Pit, taking in Sponds Hill and Black Hill. 10.5 miles with 1830 feet of climbing, led by Anton Woolford
- March 14th: A Lancashire Walk from Beacon Fell Country Park over Fair Snape and Parlick Fells. 16.5k and 600 metres of ascent led by Tony Tackett
- April 11th: Leintwardine to Downtown Castle circular. A walk in and out of the Teme valley. 10.5 miles, 1600 feet of climbing, led by Peter Kay
- May 9th: Monsal Head — Details to be confirmed. Led by John and Kate Down
- June 13th: Mam Tor Circuit from Edale. 9 miles and 1706 feet of climbing, led by Steve & Chris Elliott
- July 11th: Probably a linear walk from Capel Curig to Bethesda over a fine mountain ridge led by Will Williams and an alternative low level Snowdonia Walk led by Andy Davidson
- August 8th: 11 mile, fairly flat, circular walk from Hamner through Bettesfield Park, Fenns Moss and Fenn's Wood led by Connor McIlraith
- September 12th: Meiford Circular — Details to follow. Led by Tony Crowther
- October 10th: 8 mile walk from Pistyll Rhaeadr including Post Gwyn and Glan Hafon. 2200 feet of ascent led by Jean Stainthorpe
- November 14th: Cannock Chase? Details to follow, led by John Tilling
- December 12th: Details to follow. Followed by ARS Christmas dinner. Led by Howard Jones