By Webteam - 4th January 2015 6:07am
The Saturday Long-ARS walks programme has now been published.
While the dates are pretty well certain, the programme is, as always, subject to change or confirmation. Start times may vary but will be published each month and also circulated to ARS members.
- January 10th: Sandstone Trail: A linear walk of approx 10 miles from Beeston to Bickerton led by Bob Cartwright
- February 14th: A variation on the Lyme Park Circular, starting at Nelson Pit, taking in Sponds Hill and Black Hill. 10.5 miles with 1830 feet of climbing, led by Anton Woolford
- March 14th: A Lancashire Walk from Beacon Fell Country Park over Fair Snape and Parlick Fells. 16.5k and 600 metres of ascent led by Tony Tackett
- April 11th: Leintwardine to Downtown Castle circular. A walk in and out of the Teme valley. 10.5 miles, 1600 feet of climbing, led by Peter Kay
- May 9th: Monsal Head — Details to be confirmed. Led by John and Kate Down
- June 13th: Mam Tor Circuit from Edale. 9 miles and 1706 feet of climbing, led by Steve & Chris Elliott
- July 11th: Probably a linear walk from Capel Curig to Bethesda over a fine mountain ridge led by Will Williams and an alternative low level Snowdonia Walk led by Andy Davidson
- August 8th: 11 mile, fairly flat, circular walk from Hamner through Bettesfield Park, Fenns Moss and Fenn's Wood led by Connor McIlraith
- September 12th: Meiford Circular — Details to follow. Led by Tony Crowther
- October 10th: 8 mile walk from Pistyll Rhaeadr including Post Gwyn and Glan Hafon. 2200 feet of ascent led by Jean Stainthorpe
- November 14th: Cannock Chase? Details to follow, led by John Tilling
- December 12th: Details to follow. Followed by ARS Christmas dinner. Led by Howard Jones
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most of you will know by now, there will be no firework display or bonfire this year on November the 5th.But.We are seeking to have the traditional New Years Eve welcome, with the muffled bells of our magnificent St James church ringing out the old year and then, as the clock strikes out the 12th hour of the night, the wonderful firework display over the Square and the new year, 2020...
Micheline Stockton sent the following message via www.audlem.org :My son is doing a project at school about school life in the past and needs to interview someone for it. We now live in the Old School on Cheshire Street and he would love to interview someone who went to school here. If anyone would be happy to be interviewed by Barney (age 6), could they get in touch through Audlem...
Lyceum Square 21 November to 1st DecemberStunning artwork set to light up Cheshire EastWave-Field, a world-famous interactive art installation in the form of illuminated music generating seesaws, is embarking on a tour of the north of England, from October to December.Cheshire East will host it in Lyceum Square, in Crewe, from 21 November until 1 December. This is a free event that will be...
Tuesday 22nd Oct
Monday 21st Oct
Scout and Guide Hall
Aston Methodist Hall