By Audlem Webteam - 10th July 2012 7:03am
After a very successful Jubilee Party on the Park, ASET, the Audlem Special Events Team, now turn their attention to their next big event, the Audlem Transport Festival.
It's going to bigger and better than ever.
Alongside the Festival there will be a Gathering of Vintage narrow boats, 35 in all on the canal. Peter & Christine Silvester at Audlem Mill are managing this huge Gathering. It's said they may need to stack them vertically to get them all in!
On dry land, there are 335 Vehicles in total. ASET say it's the biggest ever — and maybe they should consider an urgent planning application for a temporary multi-storey field.
- 26 Motorbikes/Scooters – oldest is 1936 Velocette KTS
- 278 Cars – oldest is 1911 Delahaye Tourer
- 14 Tractors – oldest is 1939 Marshall Model M
- 15 Commercial Vehicles oldest is 1930 Ford AA Pickup
- 4 Bikes – oldest is Award winning 1886 Singer Challenge Penny Farthing
- 90 different manufacturers
- 140 vehicles new to Audlem Transport Festival
- 2 Aston Martins
- 1 Bentley
- 1 TVR
- 1 Dennis Fire Engine
- 1 London Taxi
- 2 Morgans
- 3 Rolls Royces
- 4 Beetles
- 4 Mini
Most Popular Makes:
- 55 Fords
- 32 Triumphs
- 30 MGs
- 28 Austin
- 21 Morris
- 19 Jaguars
So put the date in your diary now — it's Sunday 29th July and is less than three weeks away. And yet another great Audlem event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Sunday 20th Aug
Saturday 19th Aug
Audlem Public Hall
Aston Methodist Church Hall
Time Trial & Road Race