By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We think our readers may be interested in some history of how the White Lion at Hankelow brings back memories.The writer asked for anonymity, which of course we respect. My White Lion memories As the battle to save the White Lion at Hankelow goes on I thought I would write my connections to and memories of this important focal point of the community. I am now a resident of Audlem but was...
The application 17/0774N is going to the Southern Planning Committee next Wednesday, 26th April. The Planning Officer's recommendation to the Committee is that the application be refused. It is for the Councillors to make the final decision, so we won't know until the day what the outcome will be. Statements to the Committee supporting the Planning Officer's recommendation will...
I am in the process of doing an Easter quiz and wondered if you could help? I know Audlem is well known for its Regular Quizzers and I have a brand/product logo I can not identify. Is there anyone out there who can help? Many...
Saturday 22nd Apr
Friday 21st Apr
Audlem Public hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Scout and Guide Hall
Scout and Guide Hall