By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Civitas Planning Limited, a planning consultancy company, have submitted a planning application to Cheshire East Council to convert the Brookfield Golf Club into a large domestic dwelling with four bedrooms with en-suites and dressing rooms on the upper floor and kitchen / dining area and lounge on the lower floor.Extensions to the building are proposed to accommodate the new internal layout...
We've had a message sent in by a local resident — they have provided their name — regarding their concerns about vehicles parking in the centre of Audlem:Parking in the village is difficult as we all know and will get worse with the forthcoming new houses.However, there are an increasing number of people who park across and in the entrance to the Fire Station when visiting the Co-Op and...
Permission to build 102 houses on land belonging to the Doddington Estate has been refused by Cheshire East.The decision considers that "the positive planning benefits for the conservation of the heritage assets does not outweigh the harm that would be caused by the proposed residential development in the open countryside and by the lack of social/community benefits to be provided by the...
Monday 16th Oct
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Scout & Guide Hall
Scout & Guide Hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am