By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Audlem Parish Council is looking to co-opt two new councillors to fill the current vacancies and invites residents interested in working for our vibrant village community to apply. If you would like to know more about what is involved, you can talk to any of our councillors (their contact details are on the Parish Council Noticeboard and the Parish Council Pages of AudlemOnline — click...
ADAS are providing a way of clearing out those redundant, broken or anachronistic bits of computer kit that you are not supposed to put into the ordinary rubbish. With help from the Flower Divas. So ADAS (Audlem and District Amenities Society) are raising money for their funds by selling on Ebay any old, broken, unwanted gadgets or mobile phones you may have lying about and cluttering the...
We are looking to for extra household help for a lovely, elderly, independent lady living in central Audlem. The role involves light lunch food preparation, shopping, companionship and keeping us informed. We do have a weekly cleaner but some light remedial cleaning /small household duties would also be included. 6 hours per week in 3 shifts of 2 hours plus scope for more hours when covering...
Saturday 25th Feb
Audlem Scout and Guide Hall
Aston Methodist Church
Methodist Meeting Room
Scout & Guide Hall