By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Way back early in the year Matt Bonnell and myself announced a move to get the Annual Fireworks at Midnight of the 31st December back. The response from many sponsors was superb and I attach herewith the list as of today of all who have given into the fund.My action so far is to have contracted Blitz Fireworks of Crewe to present a display that is far better than any we have had before BUT...
Ruth Mary Kemble passed away peacefully at Leighton Hospital on Tuesday 14th August 2018, aged 72., . Ruth, from Audlem, was the beloved wife of John and much loved mum of Matthew. The Funeral service will be at St James the Great Church, Audlem on Monday 3rd September 2018 at 11.30am followed by burial in Audlem cemetery. Donations if desired will be given to The Guide Dogs for the Blind...
At their latest Parish Council meeting, Buerton Councillors were delighted to learn that an anonymous donor has offered to provide a new piece of equipment for the older children in Buerton.This is expected to be located on the playing field in Buerton.What we need to do now is to find out what our youngsters would like (apparently there have already been a couple of suggestions for a zip...
Friday 17th Aug
Audlem Car Park
The Methodist Meeting Rooms
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem car park