By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Friday evening a house fire occurred at 13, Daisy Bank Crescent during which serious destruction of the home occurred. Amongst the damage the toys of two boys aged 5 and 9 years old were destroyed and the family have had to move out. Nearby neighbours on Daisy Bank Crescent are seeking to help the family concerned and are inviting Audlem Villagers to help if possible by kindly donating toys...
We are delighted to welcome Alison and her team who have taken over the running of the Café at Bridge 80 at Overwater Marina. Alison lives locally and has extensive experience of running a tea shop and a restaurant. From Saturday 20th May the café's new opening hours will be from 9.30am for breakfast right through to 4pm every day. In addition to the normal menu Alison will...
Natalee Byrne has recently qualified as a DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) ADI (Approved Driving Instructor). With all these letters after her name, she is anxious to start teaching people to drive. She operates from Cox Bank, covering Audlem, Crewe and Nantwich. Please contact Natalee on 01270 811755 or 07939 150007, or go to her facebook page https://www.faceboo...
Monday 22nd May
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Scout and Guide Hall
Aston Methodist Church
Methodist Meeting Room