By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The funeral of Ken Parkes of Lightwood Green, who sadly passed away on June 7th aged 86 years, will take place in St James' Church on Tuesday June 27th at 2.30pm, followed by burial in Audlem cemetery. A horse-drawn hearse will be used for the occasion. Ken was for many years the Branch Chairman of Crewe and Nantwich RSPCA and had recently received the Queen Victoria Silver Medal for his...
The AudlemOnline editor apologises to anybody confused by the article yesterday about Mini-Beasts at the Dorothy Clive. This event actually took place last weekend (on the dates given in the article) — for various reasons the article did not get onto our publishing schedule until yesterday, several days after the event. So apologies to anyone confused by this, but meanwhile the Dorothy Clive...
Good news. Clare has emailed to say the lost house key has now been re-united with it's...
Friday 23rd Jun
Lord Combermere, Audlem
Race HQ - Scout and Guide Hall
Start from the Bridge Inn
Scout and Guide Hall