By Judy Benson - 9th November 2012 7:05am
Santa Claus is coming to town. The Big Switch on 2012.
The Big Switch On 2012 will be taking place on the evening of Thursday 29th November.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Over the next few weeks, the participating organisations and businesses will be keeping you posted on all the activities and special events happening on our very special evening.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking until later still!
All times approximate.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
WIN an afternoon tea for two! National Afternoon Tea week, 14th-20th August is now upon us. To celebrate, Finefoodies' Deli & Cafe are delighted to give away "a fabulously fine Cream tea voucher" x 2. This includes their new special blend of Finefoodies' loose leaf tea. Simply go to their new Facebook Page, 'Finefoodies Deli Audlem' (click http://...
Roy Plume sent us this image of a bird (he thinks an Owl) which obviously flew int his bedroom window one night. Unfortunately there was no sign of the bird next day other than some white marks on the roof below the window, so Roy is not sure if the bird survived or was carried off by a predator. Please click on the images to see the full...
The next major event in the village is the Annual Beer Festival at the Lord Combermere which this year is from 25th — 28th August. Mine Hosts Allan and Jo Brown have now released their expected list of available special ales and ciders a great selection of 25 Real Ales and 11 delicious ciders — Don't miss this great tasting event! Click on the PDF files to reveal all.! These lists are...
Monday 21st Aug
Sunday 20th Aug
Audlem Public Hall
Aston Methodist Church Hall
Time Trial & Road Race