By Ian & Liz Haughey - 30th April 2012 7:05am
As Audlem awakes to the summer season and the excitement of a full programme of events for the summer months, the Fat Pigeon spreads its wings, shakes its head and settles down again, ready to welcome regular friends and visitors to the nest in Cheshire Street.
The family venture is now in it's 3rd year, and our handy little health food shop right in the middle of Audlem now has Enya's Book Shop, recycled fashions and gifts from Make do Make better, the Vintage Clothing store and a wide range of ethically sourced gifts.
Over the coming weekends you will often find Hoc's Fat Pigeon taking part in the myriad of events, especially the now famous Fringe Event during the Audlem Music and Arts Festival from 31st May — 5th June.
Hoc's Fat Pigeon is located in one of Audlem's most distinctive buildings in Cheshire Street, selling quality and exclusive products. Hoc's Fat Pigeon supplies Organic, Fairtrade, gluten free, vegan, Sugar added and environmental products:
- Basics: Beans and Pulses and Grains
- Dried Fruits Nuts and Seeds
- Flours, Flakes and Brans and more.
- Pasta, rice and ranges of handmade and exclusive sauces
- A great range of herbs & spices
- Coffees, Teas, hot chocolates from exclusive brands and snacky items
- Manuka Honey and Supplements
- Non-food items such as environmentally Household cleaning products etc.
- Our Breads are from local baker Snapes (you can pre-order for Saturday collection): Cakes; biscuits and chutneys locally from Jude: local honeys: eggs (Duck & Hen, all from the local area).
We hope you will find us friendly and willing to serve you, please do pop in to say hello and browse around. You can also order on line by dropping us an e-mail and we will get it ready for you, or if you want, we do deliver.
#Shop Opening Hours
- Monday — Friday (except Wednesday): 9:00am — 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am — 12:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am — 4:00pm
- Sunday: For Events and if it's sunny!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Outline planning permission is being sought for four detached homes near to the former Brookfield golf course in Hankelow.Details of the submitted plans are available on the Cheshire East website here. Comments on the application are welcomed by Wednesday 18th...
Local dressage team the Cheshire Chicks are flying high after qualifying for the British Dressage Team Quest National Championships. The team, consisting of local riders Corrie Mclellan, Ellie Foster and mother and daughter Janet and Izzy Maughan won their place at the dressage championships, which is aimed at grassroots riders, by taking a well-deserved second spot at the recent North West...
Speed Enforcement took place on Whitchurch Road Audlem on Monday between 11:00am and 11:25am. During this period 55 vehicles passed, a mixture heading in and out of the village.Unfortunately 4 vehicles were found speeding, nothing strange in that you might say, but all belonged to addresses in the village.This is disappointing when one of the biggest issues from residents is speeding vehicles...
Friday 20th Oct
Thursday 19th Oct
Lord C Car Park
Scout & Guide Hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Scout and Guide Hall