By Ian & Liz Haughey - 30th April 2012 7:05am
As Audlem awakes to the summer season and the excitement of a full programme of events for the summer months, the Fat Pigeon spreads its wings, shakes its head and settles down again, ready to welcome regular friends and visitors to the nest in Cheshire Street.
The family venture is now in it's 3rd year, and our handy little health food shop right in the middle of Audlem now has Enya's Book Shop, recycled fashions and gifts from Make do Make better, the Vintage Clothing store and a wide range of ethically sourced gifts.
Over the coming weekends you will often find Hoc's Fat Pigeon taking part in the myriad of events, especially the now famous Fringe Event during the Audlem Music and Arts Festival from 31st May — 5th June.
Hoc's Fat Pigeon is located in one of Audlem's most distinctive buildings in Cheshire Street, selling quality and exclusive products. Hoc's Fat Pigeon supplies Organic, Fairtrade, gluten free, vegan, Sugar added and environmental products:
- Basics: Beans and Pulses and Grains
- Dried Fruits Nuts and Seeds
- Flours, Flakes and Brans and more.
- Pasta, rice and ranges of handmade and exclusive sauces
- A great range of herbs & spices
- Coffees, Teas, hot chocolates from exclusive brands and snacky items
- Manuka Honey and Supplements
- Non-food items such as environmentally Household cleaning products etc.
- Our Breads are from local baker Snapes (you can pre-order for Saturday collection): Cakes; biscuits and chutneys locally from Jude: local honeys: eggs (Duck & Hen, all from the local area).
We hope you will find us friendly and willing to serve you, please do pop in to say hello and browse around. You can also order on line by dropping us an e-mail and we will get it ready for you, or if you want, we do deliver.
#Shop Opening Hours
- Monday — Friday (except Wednesday): 9:00am — 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am — 12:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am — 4:00pm
- Sunday: For Events and if it's sunny!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
URGENT — Assistance RequiredMy parents live on a narrow boat and can be frequently seen in Audlem, so people may even know the hat! They often help fellow boaters and I would really appreciate support form the community.My Dad lost his hat on Wednesday 11th July in Market Drayton at around 10am.It's a cream Trilby/Panama style, with a black band with lots of badges around the brim...
Judy has let us know that the dog has happily been reunited with its owner.Michelle Gultekin sent this in:This old lady was found wandering the village at 8.15pm yesterday. She is with Judy at the newsagents, being looked...
Adam LovattIt is now two weeks since my husband Adam's Funeral and only eight weeks since his Tragic and Senseless Death.I would like to express my sincere gratitude to our fantastic neighbours, customers and friends in Audlem who have wrapped us in a blanket of Support, Compassion and Love since Adam's death. Too many people to name, but you know who you are and we simply could not...
Tuesday 17th Jul
Monday 16th Jul
Catalyst Science Discovery Centre, Widnes
4,Hayfields Grove, off Moorsfield Avenue
Audlem Car Park