By Ian & Liz Haughey - 30th April 2012 7:05am
As Audlem awakes to the summer season and the excitement of a full programme of events for the summer months, the Fat Pigeon spreads its wings, shakes its head and settles down again, ready to welcome regular friends and visitors to the nest in Cheshire Street.
The family venture is now in it's 3rd year, and our handy little health food shop right in the middle of Audlem now has Enya's Book Shop, recycled fashions and gifts from Make do Make better, the Vintage Clothing store and a wide range of ethically sourced gifts.
Over the coming weekends you will often find Hoc's Fat Pigeon taking part in the myriad of events, especially the now famous Fringe Event during the Audlem Music and Arts Festival from 31st May — 5th June.
Hoc's Fat Pigeon is located in one of Audlem's most distinctive buildings in Cheshire Street, selling quality and exclusive products. Hoc's Fat Pigeon supplies Organic, Fairtrade, gluten free, vegan, Sugar added and environmental products:
- Basics: Beans and Pulses and Grains
- Dried Fruits Nuts and Seeds
- Flours, Flakes and Brans and more.
- Pasta, rice and ranges of handmade and exclusive sauces
- A great range of herbs & spices
- Coffees, Teas, hot chocolates from exclusive brands and snacky items
- Manuka Honey and Supplements
- Non-food items such as environmentally Household cleaning products etc.
- Our Breads are from local baker Snapes (you can pre-order for Saturday collection): Cakes; biscuits and chutneys locally from Jude: local honeys: eggs (Duck & Hen, all from the local area).
We hope you will find us friendly and willing to serve you, please do pop in to say hello and browse around. You can also order on line by dropping us an e-mail and we will get it ready for you, or if you want, we do deliver.
#Shop Opening Hours
- Monday — Friday (except Wednesday): 9:00am — 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am — 12:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am — 4:00pm
- Sunday: For Events and if it's sunny!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
WIN an afternoon tea for two! National Afternoon Tea week, 14th-20th August is now upon us. To celebrate, Finefoodies' Deli & Cafe are delighted to give away "a fabulously fine Afternoon Tea for two" x 2. This includes their new special blend of Finefoodies' loose leaf tea. Simply go to their new Facebook Page, 'Finefoodies Deli Audlem' (click http...
Sad news We are sad to inform the readers of AudlemOnline that Simon Carey aged 62, passed away peacefully last Wednesday after a long illness. Simon was well known to the village in recent years for being the Head Butcher at Oxtail & Trotter. He was a gentle, caring man with a great sense of humour who will be sorely missed by many. Simon was truly dedicated to his chosen career as a Butcher...
The next major event in the village is the Annual Beer Festival at the Lord Combermere which this year is from 25th — 28th August. Mine Hosts Allan and Jo Brown have now released their expected list of available special ales and ciders a great selection of 25 Real Ales and 11 delicious ciders — Don't miss this great tasting event! Click on the PDF files to reveal all.! These lists are...
Sunday 20th Aug
Saturday 19th Aug
Audlem Public Hall
Aston Methodist Church Hall
Time Trial & Road Race