By Audlem Carnival Committee - 3rd June 2012 7:07am
Tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for tomorrow for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Nick Jarvis sent the following message to AudlemOnline on Wednesday 9th August at 07:09 PM: At around 2pm on Wednesday 9th August a caravan was stolen from an address on Bagley Lane near Audlem. The caravan was a Bailey Senator Arizon 2009. Direction of travel is unknown at this time. If you have any information relating to this incident please contact the police on 101 quoting incident...
We've had a message from Hannah at Farm Made Tearooms — the new Café in the courtyard at Number 11 Cheshire Street — announcing that they will be opening this Thursday 10th August. Opening hours for Farm Made are on the right. I'm sure that we all wish Hannah and her team great success in the new...
WIN an afternoon tea for two! National Afternoon Tea week, 14th-20th August is now upon us. To celebrate, Finefoodies' Deli & Cafe are delighted to give away "a fabulously fine Afternoon Tea for two" x 2. This includes their new special blend of Finefoodies' loose leaf tea. Simply go to their new Facebook Page, 'Finefoodies Deli Audlem' (click http...
Monday 14th Aug
To Sound Common and Overwater Marina
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Aston Methodist Church Hall
Time Trial & Road Race