By Audlem Carnival Committee - 3rd June 2012 7:07am
Tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for tomorrow for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
I have received a phone call from 0019169332426 claiming to be from BT Technical Dept, based at 81 Newgate London. He told me that they were receiving 'Error & Warning' notifications whenever I use the Internet, and he wanted me to enter a code on my computer, he said he would prove it was a legitimate call by telling me my computer licence.When I asked him when did London start...
At approximately 2.30pm this afternoon when today's AudlemOnline editor was in the hot seat in the Editorial Office, the building appeared to shake for 10-15 seconds, as if an earthquake was being experienced. Perhaps it was just an HGV vehicle hitting one of the many potholes?Did anyone else experience this in the local area?Gillian Gillmoor writes:'Yes it did! Only for a couple...
AudlemOnline can reveal exclusively that the earthquake felt over large parts of Western England yesterday (reported here in yesterday's stories) originated in Wales, not far from Swansea.The earthquake, rated at 4.2 or 4.4 on the Richter scale caused alarm and trepidation across large swathes of Western England, and has been reported first-hand by several eminent...
Wednesday 21st Feb
Tuesday 20th Feb
Audlem Car Park
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem Town Hall
The Methodist Meeting Rooms