By Audlem Carnival Committee - 3rd June 2012 7:07am
Tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for tomorrow for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
URGENT — Assistance RequiredMy parents live on a narrow boat and can be frequently seen in Audlem, so people may even know the hat! They often help fellow boaters and I would really appreciate support form the community.My Dad lost his hat on Wednesday 11th July in Market Drayton at around 10am.It's a cream Trilby/Panama style, with a black band with lots of badges around the brim...
Judy has let us know that the dog has happily been reunited with its owner.Michelle Gultekin sent this in:This old lady was found wandering the village at 8.15pm yesterday. She is with Judy at the newsagents, being looked...
Adam LovattIt is now two weeks since my husband Adam's Funeral and only eight weeks since his Tragic and Senseless Death.I would like to express my sincere gratitude to our fantastic neighbours, customers and friends in Audlem who have wrapped us in a blanket of Support, Compassion and Love since Adam's death. Too many people to name, but you know who you are and we simply could not...
Monday 16th Jul
Catalyst Science Discovery Centre, Widnes
4,Hayfields Grove, off Moorsfield Avenue
Audlem Car Park