By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The funeral of 7 year old Lewis Crossley who recently lost his battle with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, will take place on Wednesday 15th November at St. James, Audlem.It is expected there will be a very big turnout of people wanting to celebrate Lewis' life so the village may be busy for the duration of the service.Our picture is from the Stoke Sentinel website, showing Lewis...
The new Audlem Public Hall Annexe will be opened today by Sarah Callander Beckett, High Sheriff of Cheshire. All residents are welcome to celebrate the opening of the new facility. There will be free bubbly and nibbles for up to 500 people.Come and look round the new Annexe facilities. Audlem Voices will be there to sing their hearts out to celebrate the occasion. We also have entertainment in...
What a wonderful afternoon it was as the Public hall annexe was officially opened. Several hundred residents from the Audlem and surrounding villages gathered to see the High Sheriff of Cheshire, our local MP, Leader of Cheshire East Council and Parish Council Leader open the Annexe to our Public Hall.The Duffy Boys started the event in a light hearted manner with their own song about "a...
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Methodist Meeting Rooms
Aston Methodsist Church