By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A new Tearoom will be opening within the village after JA's has closed at the end of July. We will be serving fresh homemade cakes, teas, coffees, snacks and afternoon teas at 11E Cheshire Street in August after a refurbishment of the café. Hannah Barton (Farm Made Tearooms) Telephone 07974 086311 E-mail han...
Just a reminder — something completely different this week! All that Jazz! Fancy being transported to the 'deep south', home of traditional jazz, inside a medieval church? You can be sure of a splendid evening's entertainment when Eric Newton and Friends present a New Orleans Style Jazz Concert in St James Church, Audlem on Saturday 22nd July at 7.30pm. Tickets £10...
The annual Festival of Transport is almost upon us, taking place on Sunday 30th July, with over 300 vehicles congregating at Hankelow Green before parading through the village to Audlem Playing Field. This year we have even more attractions for this free family day out. Reasheath College are providing a simulator for those of you, young and old, to test your skills. Pinxton Puppets will be...
Thursday 20th Jul
Wednesday 19th Jul
Meet on Audlem Car Park at 8.30am
St James' Church, Audlem
Race HQ - Scout and Guide Hall