By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
I have received a phone call from 0019169332426 claiming to be from BT Technical Dept, based at 81 Newgate London. He told me that they were receiving 'Error & Warning' notifications whenever I use the Internet, and he wanted me to enter a code on my computer, he said he would prove it was a legitimate call by telling me my computer licence.When I asked him when did London start...
At approximately 2.30pm this afternoon when today's AudlemOnline editor was in the hot seat in the Editorial Office, the building appeared to shake for 10-15 seconds, as if an earthquake was being experienced. Perhaps it was just an HGV vehicle hitting one of the many potholes?Did anyone else experience this in the local area?Gillian Gillmoor writes:'Yes it did! Only for a couple...
AudlemOnline can reveal exclusively that the earthquake felt over large parts of Western England yesterday (reported here in yesterday's stories) originated in Wales, not far from Swansea.The earthquake, rated at 4.2 or 4.4 on the Richter scale caused alarm and trepidation across large swathes of Western England, and has been reported first-hand by several eminent...
Monday 19th Feb
Audlem Car Park
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem Town Hall
The Methodist Meeting Rooms