By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Audlem Parish Council is looking to co-opt two new councillors to fill the current vacancies and invites residents interested in working for our vibrant village community to apply. If you would like to know more about what is involved, you can talk to any of our councillors (their contact details are on the Parish Council Noticeboard and the Parish Council Pages of AudlemOnline — click...
ADAS are providing a way of clearing out those redundant, broken or anachronistic bits of computer kit that you are not supposed to put into the ordinary rubbish. With help from the Flower Divas. So ADAS (Audlem and District Amenities Society) are raising money for their funds by selling on Ebay any old, broken, unwanted gadgets or mobile phones you may have lying about and cluttering the...
We are looking to for extra household help for a lovely, elderly, independent lady living in central Audlem. The role involves light lunch food preparation, shopping, companionship and keeping us informed. We do have a weekly cleaner but some light remedial cleaning /small household duties would also be included. 6 hours per week in 3 shifts of 2 hours plus scope for more hours when covering...
Saturday 25th Feb
Audlem Scout and Guide Hall
Aston Methodist Church
Methodist Meeting Room
Scout & Guide Hall