By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Way back early in the year Matt Bonnell and myself announced a move to get the Annual Fireworks at Midnight of the 31st December back. The response from many sponsors was superb and I attach herewith the list as of today of all who have given into the fund.My action so far is to have contracted Blitz Fireworks of Crewe to present a display that is far better than any we have had before BUT...
Ruth Mary Kemble passed away peacefully at Leighton Hospital on Tuesday 14th August 2018, aged 72., . Ruth, from Audlem, was the beloved wife of John and much loved mum of Matthew. The Funeral service will be at St James the Great Church, Audlem on Monday 3rd September 2018 at 11.30am followed by burial in Audlem cemetery. Donations if desired will be given to The Guide Dogs for the Blind...
At their latest Parish Council meeting, Buerton Councillors were delighted to learn that an anonymous donor has offered to provide a new piece of equipment for the older children in Buerton.This is expected to be located on the playing field in Buerton.What we need to do now is to find out what our youngsters would like (apparently there have already been a couple of suggestions for a zip...
Friday 17th Aug
Audlem Car Park
The Methodist Meeting Rooms
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem car park