By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We think our readers may be interested in some history of how the White Lion at Hankelow brings back memories.The writer asked for anonymity, which of course we respect. My White Lion memories As the battle to save the White Lion at Hankelow goes on I thought I would write my connections to and memories of this important focal point of the community. I am now a resident of Audlem but was...
I am in the process of doing an Easter quiz and wondered if you could help? I know Audlem is well known for its Regular Quizzers and I have a brand/product logo I can not identify. Is there anyone out there who can help? Many...
Cheshire East have submitted a bid to government to build the MIddlewich Eastern Bypass road. The development of the £58.5 million scheme to date has been backed with money from the Department for Transport's (DfT) funding programme for fast track major schemes. Whilst funds will apparently be made available directly from Cheshire East council contributions will be sought from the...
Friday 21st Apr
Audlem Public hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Scout and Guide Hall
Scout and Guide Hall