By Audlem Webteam - 29th November 2012 7:03am
November 29th — The Big Switch On Night
It's a very big night in the Audlem calendar tonight Thursday, 29th November. The timetable is:
- 5.00pm: Start of the Santa Parade from Audlem School.
- 5.30pm — 5.45pm: The Big Switch On in Audlem Square
- 6.00pm: Santa arriving at Audlem Wharf.
- Late night shopping till late.
- Late night eating & drinking and live music until later still!
All times approximate.
St James' School children will arrive in the Square to enjoy the celebrations with FASA holding a tombola under the Buttermarket. Audlem Hammers young footballers will be singing carols in the coachway of Williams' shop.
The Sponsors of the Big Tree, Louisa & Martin Balaam and their children, will throw the switch to light up the big tree.
The providers of the big tree from their plantation will also be with us, Graham and Angela Allinson, without whom there would be no tree!
Then Santa – organised by ADAS - will arrive on the canal wharf, helped in glorious fashion by the Audlem Lass and her team.
You can light a candle to float — in aid of the Royal Lifeboat Institution — on the canal ahead of Santa as he sails into view.
All the traders of the village will be open on the night with lots of attractions and games. A really happy family night in the best Christmas Village of all Cheshire.
And there's live music in the Lord Combermere too.
This is a joint event between several village organisations:
- Audlem Traders — many of whom will be open late on the evening to facilitate local late night Christmas shopping.
- ADAS who are organising the switching on of the Christmas lights, including those on the big tree in the Square.
- The RNLI's local fundraising branch — who are bringing Santa to the village via the Audlem Lass at Audlem Wharf.
- FASA — who are organising the ever popular Kids' Santa Parade from Audlem St James' school.
Please note that this is a free 'open to all event'!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Land for Sale off Green LaneMany residents will know that the field of 11.55 acres, on the left adjacent to Green Lane in the direction of Market Drayton, has recently been put up for sale by the owner, at a guide price of £100,000 to £130,000 by Informal tender, due in on the 16th May.This represents a rare opportunity for the village to bid for land at agricultural...
The two Public Consultation meetings held by the Parish Council this week have been very well attended. It is clear that the community is concerned about the future of the field and that the vast majority who attended wish to retain the area as green space into the future. A copy of the slides shown at the meetings can be found by clicking on the first link below the picture. A Community...
A reminder that Audlem Voices invite you to come along to celebrate their Ten-year Anniversary Concert.The concert takes place at St James' Church tomorrow, Saturday 21st April at 7:30pm. Tickets are £7.50 — which includes a glass of wine and nibbles — and are available from Williams Newsagents, Pat Jones on 811005, or any choir member. They will also be available on the doorThe...
Saturday 21st Apr
Audlem car Park
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Aton Methodist Church
To be decided