By Audlem Webteam - 6th June 2012 7:11am
Audlem has enjoyed a fantastic six nights and four days of The Audlem Music & Arts Festival plus a revitalised Carnival.
Looking back, it amazes all who live here, or come to Audlem to enjoy these events, how a small village can make events on this scale happen — and pull it off in style:
- Over eighty events for the Festival with an exciting programme including something to suit all tastes
- A packed playing field for the Carnival and the return of the Parade
- And it's all free — there's nothing to rival it for many a mile
- Sound engineers and technicians on every stage throughout the Festival
- Loads of local musical talent as well as bands, often from afar, that keep coming back and having a ball
- The Festival and Carnival committees who planned and worked tirelessly for months to make it all happen
- The volunteers who help make it go so well
- The pub barstaff that kept smiling when they must have been shattered
- The businesses and organisations that fund such a fabulous event through advertising, sponsorship and donations
- And, of course, the audiences who make it all worthwhile.
We are sure everyone who enjoyed themselves over the past days will join Audlem Online in saying a great big "Thank You" to all concerned.
There were so many highlights:
- bands and singers that surprised us all and had everyone smiling
- bands that somehow managed to perform superbly in Sunday's cold and rain
- exhibitions that showed off so much local talent
- and new ideas like the Poetry Slam and the Speakeasy that added even more to a great event.
So, please, to everyone involved, take a bow and enjoy the applause — you thoroughly deserve it. You did Audlem proud!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
I have received a phone call from 0019169332426 claiming to be from BT Technical Dept, based at 81 Newgate London. He told me that they were receiving 'Error & Warning' notifications whenever I use the Internet, and he wanted me to enter a code on my computer, he said he would prove it was a legitimate call by telling me my computer licence.When I asked him when did London start...
These photos were sent in by Shaughna Warburton (click the images to enlarge)."Thought you might like these photos of a simply HUGE murmuration of starlings, roosting just outside the village. Truly a magnificent wildlife...
At approximately 2.30pm this afternoon when today's AudlemOnline editor was in the hot seat in the Editorial Office, the building appeared to shake for 10-15 seconds, as if an earthquake was being experienced. Perhaps it was just an HGV vehicle hitting one of the many potholes?Did anyone else experience this in the local area?Gillian Gillmoor writes:'Yes it did! Only for a couple...
Saturday 17th Feb
Audlem Car Park
Audlem Scout & Guide Hall
Audlem Town Hall
The Methodist Meeting Rooms