By Audlem Webteam - 6th June 2012 7:11am
Audlem has enjoyed a fantastic six nights and four days of The Audlem Music & Arts Festival plus a revitalised Carnival.
Looking back, it amazes all who live here, or come to Audlem to enjoy these events, how a small village can make events on this scale happen — and pull it off in style:
- Over eighty events for the Festival with an exciting programme including something to suit all tastes
- A packed playing field for the Carnival and the return of the Parade
- And it's all free — there's nothing to rival it for many a mile
- Sound engineers and technicians on every stage throughout the Festival
- Loads of local musical talent as well as bands, often from afar, that keep coming back and having a ball
- The Festival and Carnival committees who planned and worked tirelessly for months to make it all happen
- The volunteers who help make it go so well
- The pub barstaff that kept smiling when they must have been shattered
- The businesses and organisations that fund such a fabulous event through advertising, sponsorship and donations
- And, of course, the audiences who make it all worthwhile.
We are sure everyone who enjoyed themselves over the past days will join Audlem Online in saying a great big "Thank You" to all concerned.
There were so many highlights:
- bands and singers that surprised us all and had everyone smiling
- bands that somehow managed to perform superbly in Sunday's cold and rain
- exhibitions that showed off so much local talent
- and new ideas like the Poetry Slam and the Speakeasy that added even more to a great event.
So, please, to everyone involved, take a bow and enjoy the applause — you thoroughly deserve it. You did Audlem proud!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Nick Jarvis sent the following message to AudlemOnline on Wednesday 9th August at 07:09 PM: At around 2pm on Wednesday 9th August a caravan was stolen from an address on Bagley Lane near Audlem. The caravan was a Bailey Senator Arizon 2009. Direction of travel is unknown at this time. If you have any information relating to this incident please contact the police on 101 quoting incident...
WIN an afternoon tea for two! National Afternoon Tea week, 14th-20th August is now upon us. To celebrate, Finefoodies' Deli & Cafe are delighted to give away "a fabulously fine Afternoon Tea for two" x 2. This includes their new special blend of Finefoodies' loose leaf tea. Simply go to their new Facebook Page, 'Finefoodies Deli Audlem' (click http...
Sad news We are sad to inform the readers of AudlemOnline that Simon Carey aged 62, passed away peacefully last Wednesday after a long illness. Simon was well known to the village in recent years for being the Head Butcher at Oxtail & Trotter. He was a gentle, caring man with a great sense of humour who will be sorely missed by many. Simon was truly dedicated to his chosen career as a Butcher...
Tuesday 15th Aug
To Sound Common and Overwater Marina
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Aston Methodist Church Hall
Time Trial & Road Race