By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Sad news We are sad to inform the readers of AudlemOnline that Simon Carey aged 62, passed away peacefully last Wednesday after a long illness. Simon was well known to the village in recent years for being the Head Butcher at Oxtail & Trotter. He was a gentle, caring man with a great sense of humour who will be sorely missed by many. Simon was truly dedicated to his chosen career as a Butcher...
We've had a message reporting a recent fraud which was a local resident fell victim to: "Just yesterday my elderly neighbour was tricked... A call purporting to be from Cheshire East saying she had for 20 odd years been overpaying council tax, she was in another band. They said they would send paperwork in the post but that they would reimburse all this overpaid council tax. They...
Morris Care currently have some excellent job opportunities for local people in the local area. We are keen to employ local people and offer an excellent package and extensive training and have the below vacancies in our prestigious care home: Job: Care Assistants Type: Carer Location: Corbrook Park, Audlem Salary: Starting from £7.50 per hour Hours of Work: Full or part time- days and...
Wednesday 16th Aug
Tuesday 15th Aug
To Sound Common and Overwater Marina
Audlem Public Hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am
Aston Methodist Church Hall