By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The ASET team surpassed themselves this year. Not only did they produce great bands and DJ and good weather but also seemingly arranged for England FC to win through to the World Cup Semi Finals!Enclosed are some images from the evening.PS Can anyone spot Mike Hill? — no prizes...
Judy has let us know that the dog has happily been reunited with its owner.Michelle Gultekin sent this in:This old lady was found wandering the village at 8.15pm yesterday. She is with Judy at the newsagents, being looked...
The Cheshire East Highways website reports that Stafford Street (the A525 to Woore) will be closed just by the Church from July 10th (Tuesday) for seven days.The closure is to allow scaffolding to be erected to repair a dangerous roof.Further information will be provided as it is...
Saturday 14th Jul
The Methodist Meeting Rooms
Audlem Scout and Guide Hall
4,Hayfields Grove, off Moorsfield Avenue