By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The funeral of Jack McClintock, affectionately known by everyone as 'Jack Mack' will take place in St James's Church, Audlem on Friday 15th December 2017 at 11.30am. Family flowers only please, any kind donations received will be given to The Countryside Alliance Foundation, a charity which enables children and young adults to visit and enjoy the benefits and adventures of being...
The annual arrival of Santa on the superb Round Table sleigh along with his helpers will be on Saturday and Sunday night from 6-9 pm. The routes will be -Saturday — AudlemSunday — Hankelow , Buerton, Kinsey Heath, Cox Bank, and SwanbachAll the donations given during the tour are to be used for groups here with our village and surrounding district.Last year we were able to give...
In the early hours of December 5th shed and garage burglaries have occurred in Sheppenhall Lane, Aston and Whitchurch Road, Burleydam. A number of items have been stolen which include expensive power tools.We ask all residents to check security on outbuildings and garages as the number of this type of incident has increased over the past months.If you have any information please call the...
Monday 11th Dec
St James Church
St James Church
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am