By Audlem Carnival Committee - 4th June 2012 7:04am
Today, Bank Holiday Monday, is Audlem Carnival Day and the 200th Anniversary of the first Wake in 1812.
Here's the programme for today for everyone involved:
- 9.00am onwards — all stall holders setting up
- 11.30am — Arrival of Cadets' Troop and Band
- By 12noon — Cars, floats, fire engine on the field by 12.00. Queens arriving.
- 1.00pm — Crown Queen. Then form up the Parade and Marshalls in post.
- 1.15pm — Parade sets off via Cheshire Street, Little Heath, Heathfield Road, Stafford Street, The Square, Cheshire Street to Playing Field
- 2.00pm — The Ring. 101st Air Cadets display
- 2.30pm — Irish Dancers, Break Dancers, Ballroom Dancers
- 3.00pm — Fun Dog Show — Audlem's answer to Crufts!
- 4.30pm Prize Draw
All times subject to change on the day.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We've had a message sent in by a local resident — they have provided their name — regarding their concerns about vehicles parking in the centre of Audlem:Parking in the village is difficult as we all know and will get worse with the forthcoming new houses.However, there are an increasing number of people who park across and in the entrance to the Fire Station when visiting the Co-Op and...
Outline planning permission is being sought for four detached homes near to the former Brookfield golf course in Hankelow.Details of the submitted plans are available on the Cheshire East website here. Comments on the application are welcomed by Wednesday 18th...
Local dressage team the Cheshire Chicks are flying high after qualifying for the British Dressage Team Quest National Championships. The team, consisting of local riders Corrie Mclellan, Ellie Foster and mother and daughter Janet and Izzy Maughan won their place at the dressage championships, which is aimed at grassroots riders, by taking a well-deserved second spot at the recent North West...
Lord C Car Park
Lord C Car Park
Scout & Guide Hall
Meet in Audlem Car Park at 9.30am